28. Let Go

The frantic look in Jimin's darkened eyes as he looked back and forth between the three of them while he was on the phone had them all worried

The frantic look in Jimin's darkened eyes as he looked back and forth between the three of them while he was on the phone had them all worried. The day had been fairly peaceful, the others checking in every once in a while to make sure everything was alright. When Yoongi called Jimin that night he knew something was wrong by the struggled cadence of his voice but he didn't want to alarm the others. He knew he couldn't leave the room without them becoming suspicious.

"Namjoon is gone," he said frantically. "He said he was going out for a bike ride earlier this evening but it's been hours. He won't answer his calls or texts. We've all tried to contact him but so far nothing."

Internally Jimin was panicking. He had no idea what to do next. If he wasn't answering them he knew there had to be something wrong. "How was he when he went out?" Jimin asked, careful to keep his voice even but he could feel the tension in the room.

Yoongi sighed on the other end. "Not great. He seemed angry and a little sad. None of us wanted to push him too much. Maybe that was a mistake. I'd hate myself if something happened to him." Jimin had been feeliing guilty about not checking on Namjoon lately. Yoongi's confirmation that he was having a hard time made him feel so much worse. He had always been there for Namjoon. Really, for all of the members but lately he'd been distracted. Not just by Celine but by his own insecurities. Although those were nothing compared to the wellbeing of his family. The next that he could hope for was that they were overthinking and he would be back soon.

"You know he's strong. He's been through a lot. I know he hasn't even told us everything. I'm sure he's fine. Maybe there's a rational explanation and his phone just died." At that sentence, Jimin saw Celine's eyes widen and he knew he messed up. The other two men went pale so Jimin knew he had no choice but to give them a clue as to what was going on by whispering "Namjoon" to them.

Jungkook immediately moved toward the door to grab his jacket but he was stopped by Taehyung's large firm hand pressing against it, keeping it from opening. Not that he thought he could keep Jungkook from going if he really wanted to. He was sure that Jungkook could easily pick him up and move him out of the way with hardly any effort. Jungkook was the strongest out of all of them except maybe Namjoon.

"Stop Jungkook. We don't have all the information yet. And what if you get hurt trying to find him?"

Jungkook looked Taehyung dead in the eyes, glaring into them. It took everything in Taehyung not to flinch and give in but he held his stare. He knew he wasn't angry at him, just the situation. Eventually Jungkook sighed and backed away, going to Celine's side and wrapping his arm around her gently. She nuzzled her face into his neck, taking in the comforting scent of cinnamon and apples. He always smelled amazing. They all did.

As Jimin hung up the phone he was instantly surrounded by three sets of eyes boring into him. "Geez, and they say my eyes are intimidating."

"Hyung," Jungkook says a little too aggressively.