7.Red Eye

"R-Ron, it can't go in. It's too tight!"

"Young master, please calm down. It will take a second."

"And what if you can't pull it out anymore ??!"

"Unlucky Bastard. When it enters it will take the right shape."

"Here, young master. I'm putting it on."

Sigh

"How is it, Cale? Is it tight?"

"No. The ring is great. It took the right shape."

Cale looked at the ring made by Eruhaben. At first it looked so small that it couldn't fit in but then it got bigger.

"This ring will tell us if you are in danger."

"Why do I only have to wear it?"

"Human, because it's always you who get in trouble!" The little dragon exclaimed as he sat on Cale's thighs.

"It's useless. Nothing's going to happen. We just have to go and check if everything is alright in the former empire. "

"Cale-nim, something could happen there. We could be attacked by either the White Star or that b-, Mike."

Choi Han said to Cale with his usual puppy smile.

"Okay, okay. Although I don't think I'll be in any danger since I'm going with Choi Han, Ron, Beacrox and you, Eruhaben."

"We too, Human!"

"Yes, you too."

"Precautions don't hurt."

"OK let's go." Cale dropped the subject and motioned for the dragons to teleport to Rex.

Mana enveloped the group and they disappeared.

***

"It's a pleasure to see you again young master Cale!" Rex welcomed the group as soon as they appeared. He approached them and greeted them one by one and then led them to their destination.

"As you surely heard, two days ago, several people sent to find information on Mike disappeared after they entered that building." Rex pointed at the structure in front of them.

It was a building with almost black walls, or closer to dark brown. The windows were with many cracks and dirty with different substances that were not understood. Between black, brown, green and even yellowish. The roof looked shattered and barely held up. The door was only leaning to the side as it was broken. It was a shabby but large building in a detached place.

"Do you think it's related to Mike? "

"This is what we think ... When we went in to look for them we found nothing. So I was thinking if you could help me."

"We can try. There may be a secret passage or a teleportation object," Cale replied as he looked at the building.

-Cale, I feel a divine object inside that building. Said the Thief.

'I understand. So there might be something interesting here. '

Cale nodded to Rex and entered the entrance, followed by the others.

The interior can be described in one word. 'Dirty'.

"Disgusting." Beacrox put on his third pair of gloves as he looked around, annoyed by so much dirt and dust.

"Nya! There is also a bad smell!"

It was really bad. It seems abandoned for years.

"I feel something strange in the whole building, but I don't understand what." Eruhaben explained as he looked over him.

"We better start checking. The place is big so it will take a long time."

"We will all go together, young master." Ron said with his benevolent smile.

"Yeah, I didn't say we split up ..." Cale replied, shivering. He knew it was useless to just ask.

And so they started downstairs, they checked every room but nothing came out. They went upstairs and searched around. They continued like this on the other upper floors as well until the ancient wind power of Cale screamed.

-Cale! That picture! I feel divine power!

Cale turned his gaze as he walked down the hall and stared at the picture on the wall. It was a simple but creepy painting. It depicted a pale red eye behind a completely black background. It was creepy because it seemed to stare at you as you moved.

'Is there really something strange?' Cale wondered as he reached for the painting. While he was close to touching it, the eye in the painting blinked and gray teeth appeared in place of the lash. It stared at Cale and reached out of the painting and ate Cale, sucking him into his red iris. It spat the ring on the floor and returned to normal. It all happened in less than three seconds.

The others who were distracted looking at the room they had just left heard the sound of the ring falling to the floor.

"Human? Where is the human ?!" Raon was alarmed and took the ring as he checked back and forth through the long corridor. "He was here a moment ago!"

"We looked away for just a second and he disappears!" Eruhaben rubs his face in frustration. How could he not notice Cale disappearing so close ?!

"Cale-nim! Cale-nim can you hear me ?! " Choi Han started calling Cale, but with no answer.

"It happened right here. So this area must be what we're looking for. The young master must have been kidnapped here." Ron said softly as he stroked his dagger.

This area concerned the room they went out into, the two neighboring rooms and the corridor. These were the only places that could have been used to kidnap Cale.

"Let's check this room again." The group began searching for Cale in a hurry, without noticing the red eye watching them with amusement.

***

'What happened?'

He felt weak and cold. He tried to open his eyes and saw a black ceiling. Surrounded by red walls.

'Where am I?'

Cale sat up and tried to remember how he got here.

'Oh holy shit !! That eye, how did it eat me like that!! ' Cale mentally screamed. He felt terrified as he remembered how the eye had changed. He feels like he has lost tens of years of life.

"You! Cale Henituse!"

A scream filled the empty room and made Cale jump from another fright. He put his hand to his heart and looked towards the source of the scream.

"You! White Star!"

TBC

Notes:

Cale: * Gets scared *

White Star: * Scream *

Cale: * Gets scared *