22. A New Dad

After several hours of sleep, Cale opened his eyes and found himself in the bright room prepared by the White Star for him.

Unlike Mike's, this one was pleasant and didn't make him feel choked.

He sat up in the soft bed and watched as the children slept attached to him, holding the silk pajamas with their paws, so tight not to lose it.

This brought warmth to his chest and gently stroked their heads, trying not to wake them.

Compared to yesterday, when he was saved, today he felt freer.

His mind was blank, with no thoughts about Mike and how to satisfy him, not that he had forgotten about him.

Also in the corner of his head was Mike's face that made him want to run to him. But that had gone down a lot.

He looked down and saw his body covered in bandages under his pajamas.

Until that moment he had not realized the condition of his body.

When Mike hit him or bit him, he thought those were signs of affection or punishment for misbehaving.

But seeing the true state of his body made him doubt, he couldn't help but feel confused.

Was Mike mistreating him?

He didn't know what he was feeling, the only different thing he was able to feel was the heat in his chest as he held the children in his arms.

When Mike touched him was it love?

Did he ever feel warmth with him?

Was Mike bad ...?

He remembered how all those people attacked the Clown and looked at him with furious and disgusted eyes.

As these thoughts filled his head, his body became cold and ached.

'Master hates me ...?'

Cale started panting and grabbed his hair, pulling it without even realizing the pain he was causing.

He lowered his head and felt tears form and trickle down his cheeks, falling on the white sheets.

His crying continued silently until someone touched him on the shoulder and spoke to him in a worried voice.

"Son! What happens, why are you crying !?"

Startled, Cale lifted his tear-filled gaze and looked at the new person who came out of nowhere.

The person was a very handsome man, he appeared to be in his forties and was looking at him with a very worried look.

His purple eyes stared deeply at him, seeming to inspect how hurt he was.

He had long white hair and a very pale complexion with pointed ears.

'...Who is he?'

Cale sniffed and stared deeply at the man, deciding whether he was good or bad and whether to scream for his husband.

Then Cale froze remembering what he had been called.

'Son? Am I his son? '

His eyes flickered and he opened and closed his lips, not knowing what to say.

The man narrowed his eyes at that attitude and frowned.

Cale, who saw the change thought he had bothered him as he had with Mike and grabbed him by the arm in a hurry.

He began to panic about what to do after capturing the stranger and yelled the first thing that came to mind.

"D-Dad! I-I'm fine!"