Chapter 11

"I have ignored your actions for the last time you visited but to think you'll still act the same way as before is really unforgivable, did she do something bad to you or did the unforgivable?!, i just cant understand."

My eyes widened, to think that he actually snapped like that is really surprising, he's usually the calm and collective type, well to be fair emotions get the best of us and im also quite satisfied about what he said she's been doing this for far to long now so at the very least she needs to explain herself.

The atmosphere felt weird and when i looked at her i could see her face with a saddened expression.

"Haiz, you finally had the guts to say that to me, honestly im also quite aware of my actions, its just whenever i look at that child i somehow feel... guilty."

Curiosity irked both of us so he asked, "What do you mean by that?"

"Do you now the reason why her parents died?"

He nodded.

"Well to tell you the truth, they didn't told you the full story."

"You already know right? that us and her parents were best friends"

He replied, "Yes we know."

She looked at us, "Know let me tell you the reason why ive been avoiding her and the real reason why her parents died."

"It was 7 years ago when i heard the news that their house got caught on fire and they stayed at their grandparents house for the time being i thought oh i should let them stay in the mansion since they had a child with them and they need a bigger space to live in."

"So i sended a letter to her parents and requested that they can live in the mansion until their house got repaired and of course they accepted it and travelled here with their daughter but days later bad news came where monsters raided to the western border i realised what! isn't that the path that their in right know?"

"I then immediately went to my brother and told him everything, he then hurried to get there but as he arrived her parents already died due to focusing the protection on their daughter as she was about to be eaten by a monster my brother immediately saved her."

"When they came back he gave me the tragic news my heart fell into pieces that day, i blamed everything to me and when i saw the child cried so loudly at their funeral i felt so guilty after that, i couldn't bear to imagine the trauma that the child had experienced so i told your father to raise the child and take her as their own that's why no matter how much i try to talk to the child or approach her my guilt increases i kept thinking of the what if's."

"That's why i don't mind it if the child came to hate me, ha! i must be dumb right?"

I looked at her and felt pitty towards her and my brother also felt quite guilty for his question although i do know the reason why Lauren's parents died i didn't know that my auntie would blame herself for their death.

So i then talked to her and told her, "Auntie i feel like you should tell Lauren everything and let her decide whether she'll hate you or not."

TO BE CONTINUED!