Journal entry: Rose Donovan

I totally forgot about this little notebook Jessie has, I was pretty surprised when Jessie handed it to me. More so when he asked me to write down how I was feeling, he told me he heard how I reacted when we found his...body.

I know he's trying to help us come to terms with what happened but I just don't see how writing it down will help. Nevertheless I promised I would so here goes.

On December 20rd 2025 my best friend, Jessie Cruz and his mother died in the woods. On December 21st, one of the two stood back up.

Seeing my friend down in the snow covered in his own...covered in his own brain sent me into shock to say the very least. Any normal person seeing that on its own would send them running for the hills. I'm glad he's back and his new hair definitely works for him, but God I can't get the image of his crushed skull out my head.

Every time he smiles or looks at me with that caring look he has sends me shivers, because the only thing I see now when he looks my way...is blood.

I'm trying hard to get over it and move past it but I was just dealt the heaviest bout of grief in the world, so no one really expects me to anytime soon.

I wish I was more like Travis, he seems so calm about the whole thing. He's at least able to pretend better than I can. He's been spinning his ring, so I can tell it's getting to him too. His brother gave him that ring, right before he found him. It's just a little metal ring that he got from a superhero convention but to Travis, it's the most important thing in the world to him.

He's picked up the habit of spinning it around his finger when he's really overwhelmed. I've been thinking about him a lot recently, more so than usual which really makes me wonder why. Being near him has helped me handle everything that's happening with Jessie a lot easier. That's probably why.

Thinking of the whole thing leaves a metal taste in my mouth so I'm gonna switch gears here. The band turned out to be really good people, especially Lucas, he seems to genuinely care about us all even though he just met us.

He's been pretty accommodating, helping us with food and warm clothes. That's where we are right now, Travis is over by the clothes rack trying on new clothes making everyone laugh like he does.

He's had bags under his eyes since we met the boys last night, I'm starting to think he's running on fumes. I hope we haven't caused these people too much trouble getting them involved.

Speaking of getting people involved I wanna start talking about Lily now. She's been such a great fit with the group, making the boys laugh. It's been nice to have another girl to talk to, though she sure spends a lot of her time asking about Jessie.

Those kind of questions leaves a girl thinking you know.