Journal Entry:Travis Johnson

What a week am I right or what? I mean first, we get our very best friend Jessie back, very happy about that and guess what we even get a gang of super-powered freaks attacking our school. From your viewpoint that seems like a bad reason to get excited but from where I'm standing that's pretty exciting. Not very often in your life do you get to see superpowers in action nevertheless get some.

I don't mean to brag but I'm pretty cool, from what I can understand I can phase through solid objects and become translucent, I'm like a ghost! From my research and from trying out my powers it appears that I can shift my molecules into different levels of densities and that is what makes me all ghostlike. The more I focus the more I can control how dense my molecules are.

It takes less for me to become invisible and doesn't take much energy, but passing through things is harder and wipes me out. Doing both takes it out of me and when I tried it the first time my arm got stuck in my hospital bed. Weirdest five hours of my life. Do you ever have to find a way to unstick yourself once you've passed through a bed? While trapped in the bed?

It was easier than I thought it would be, but I passed out from exhaustion, not telling the others about that.

I haven't even mentioned Rose! She's our firefly, she can shoot flames and coat herself in the fire. From my hypothesis she superheats the air around her causing it to combust!

I'm also guessing she's fireproof since she can live in it without harm, we'll need to test that. She's amazing and now she's as hot as fire! Her power is the easiest to understand but Jessie's is a complete mystery I don't know how he does what he can do, it infuriates me but also fills me with the determination to find out.

I only wish Damien was here to see, we used to talk about this kind of stuff all the time only he didn't understand much about what I was saying. He really liked comic books and the idea of being a superhero that could save everyone. He didn't get to live out his dream. I guess talking about this stuff is why Jessie has us writing in this damn journal.

My brother was on the spectrum so naturally he dealt with problems from both our parents and kids at school. My parents could never get over their "imperfect" son but if they ever took the chance to get to know him they'd see he was the best damn person ever.

I was in the hospital waiting for Jessie when he killed himself. The housekeepers were all on leave of absence due to my parent's demands. So he was left all alone in this great big house and I guess it finally got to him. Our parents, his life under their thumb, and his disease.

I don't know why he did what he did but I know that I won't see him again, so any mention of him pains me. It makes me feel lonely and responsible for not being there for him instead of Jessie.

I miss him a whole lot and every day without him reminds me how much I depended on him. I love my friends and I wouldn't be here without them but my brother was something else. He was my hero even if he didn't know it, he didn't need powers or some kind of suit or name. He was Damien, my brother and the greatest one I could ask for.

Black Plagueजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें