Chapter 4

"A lot of people think that dreams hold the secret to our past and future, so maybe you got an omen  that you're about to die." She said in a quiet tone.

"What Rose? Where'd you get that from? Are you reading fantasy manga again?" Travis asked confused.

"I hope I don't, but who knows I inhaled a lot of fumes that night." Jessie said worriedly.

"Do you know what it did to you? All they told us was that you were one of the first ones sick and the first to recover." Travis asked.

"I don't know Travis, the doctors were just as confused as us."

As they were thinking about what Rose brought up they heard the bell for first period. As they packed up and got ready to leave Rose pulled him aside and hugged him.

"I'm glad your back I've missed you, you big nerd."

Feelings his cheeks turn red he placed his hand on her shoulder and freed himself from her hug.

"Thanks, Rose I missed you guys too." As he said that Jessie noticed a wisp of smoke next to Roses' ear and brushed it aside. He turned to see Travis noticed it as well and he shrugged.

"Hey, your hand is cut! When did this happen?" Rose said as she grabbed hold of Jessie's hand and proceeded to inspect his cut. Jessie looked at his hand and was confused by the size of it.

Wasn't this way bigger like ten minutes ago?

"Jessie you need to be more careful, you just got out of the hospital and your already getting hurt again."

"Rose it's just a small cut, he's a big boy he can handle himself" Travis said as he pulled a band-aid from his wallet. He walked over and handed it to Jessie with a smile.

"You still keep band-aids in your wallet? I haven't seen you do that since we were in middle school." Jessie said as he opened up the band-aid and sighed. He placed the pink adhesive on the back of his hand and looked at Travis.

"You were so close to me complimenting you."

"What? You don't like pink?" Travis said with a smirk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they were about to part ways outside the library and head to their respective classes they heard loud squeaking coming from down the hall. Suddenly a little girl, coming from the crowd of people, ran into Rose sending them both sailing into the floor. Rushing to her aid Travis was by her side faster than Jessie could react and was helping both her and the girl up. As he was picking them up they heard a voice cry out down the hall.

"Mia! Where are you honey?" It cried out with what sounded like slight panic. When the girl heard this she tried to make a break for it but it was too late and the voice was at the end of the corridor looking at her.

"There you are honey, oh my god I thought I lost you there. Why'd you run away all of a sudden." The voice said relived. It was an old man around his late fifties short, broad-shouldered, with gray streaks in his hair and beard. It was their principal, Mr.Doe.

"Thank you, kids, for finding my Mia, we were at the memorial leaving flowers for the Johnson boy when she started to run away! In my old age, I can't catch up to someone of her age so we'll."

"It's fine sir, we were just on our way to class when she ran into Rose over there." Jesse said.

"Oh my I'm sorry Miss Rose I didn't mean for Mia to cause you trouble, are you okay? Mia, please apologize to this nice lady."