Chapter 10

As Jessie stood mortified he could hear distant police sirens. He winced in pain from shifting Lily in his arms.

Rib still broken.

He looked around at his friends to see them stunned as well. Rose's face was still buried in Travis' chest.

"So did we win?" Travis asked breaking the tension.

Rose looked up with tears in her eyes, her clothes were burnt, but she didn't appear to have any burns on her from the explosion.

"For now but I have a sickening feeling he'll be back." Jesse said grimly.

"What do you mean?" Rose asked a scared look in her eye.

"He put his foot back in place after I snapped it and survived being torched. I don't think a fall like that is gonna do to much to him." Jessie said as he walked towards the edge where Plague jumped off. As he neared the edge he took a peek over it and his heart sank. No body, not even blood.

"Yeah he's not there guys." He said.

"Well this is just great, we put in all that effort and don't even finish off the main bad guy? He broke my fucking arm." Travis said.

"We have to get you to a hospital." Rose said as she looked at Travis' limp arm.

"From the sound of it help is on their way. Which means we need to come up with a good cover for why we are all battered, bruised and in the roof." He replied.

"A cover story?" Jessie asked.

"Well we can't go telling the police the truth right? The already suspect you for the fire, why add any fuel to their suspicions."

"Are any of his goons left either like that spitting guy?" Rose asked. "Maybe they can catch 'em and get them to talk."

"Let's hope not if we want to keep our cover from being blown. Besides I doubt they are still lurking around, if he left they probably followed." Jessie replied.

The sirens got closer and they could tell it wouldn't be long until police arrived. Travis continued explaining but Jessie's focus wasn't fully on his friend but on what Plague told him right before he fell off the roof. He had just remembered and was more confused than ever.

"Jessie, what are we gonna do?" Rose asked bringing him back to reality.

"Oh um let's go with Travis' plan. That way we can work on finding Plague without being tailed by the police. I've had enough interaction with them to last me a lifetime." Jessie replied.

"Uh excuse me, find Plague? Are you crazy?" Travis said stunned. "We just survived a fight to the death and you want us to find the guy who could survive being cooked alive."

"This obviously isn't over Travis, I'm still alive and he hasn't found whoever he was looking for. So yes, we are going to find him." Jessie said as he walked past the stunned duo.

"I don't know what is happening to us or why in the first place but I do know one thing now. This has something to do with my brother, Plague told us right before he took a nosedive."

The two looked at each other than at Jessie in astonishment.

"What? How could your brother be connected?" Travis asked.

"He told us he had Seth killed because he started to ask too many question but before that he said Seth did something for him. We need to find out what that something is and why it made Seth ask those question."

"Another thing, Plague said the whole reason they were here in the first place was they were looking for someone." Rose said confused.

"But who?" Travis asked.