Chapter 23

Rose quickly grasped Venom's forearm and sent a wave of flames traveling up his arm to his face scorching his scaly skin in the process.

Venom screeched as he recoiled and pulled his arm back from the opening in the roof of the van.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't know that would happen!" Rose said as she peeked her head up through the opening.

"Rose don't apologize to the psycho! He's trying to eat us!" Lily yelled as she pulled on her arm.

"I think he fell off! I don't see him anywhe-" suddenly Rose was interrupted by Venom's iron grip now clasped around her throat.

"You girl, are the only person I've met besides Plague who makes me feel fear. Fear that my powers aren't the best. That I'm not the pinnacle of evolution. I'll just have to fix that." Venom said as he slowly pulled Rose from the inside of the van by her throat.

"No! Let her go you monster!" Mia screamed as she hung on for dear life on the now ruined couch.

Travis looked in the vans side mirror and felt his heart drop. His skin flushed and he felt sick to his stomach as he watched Rose squirm in Venoms grip.

"Watch where your driving Travis!" Lily screamed as she took hold of the steering wheel. She snapped Travis back to reality just in time to see he was barreling towards a brick wall. He swerved and just barely missed grinding the side of the van against the wall.

It sent sparks up and illuminated the murderous look in Venom's eyes all the better.

"Lily take control of the wheel." Travis said as he phased his hands through the roof of the van.

Lily panicked and grabbed hold with both hands causing the van to swerve.

"What how your driving kid! I can't aim if I can't stay on this fucking thing!" He heard Sarah scream.

"Where are you going?!" Lily asked as she shakily held onto the wheel.

"Up. I'm gonna fight this punk. Make sure we don't crash." Travis said as he pulled himself up and through the roof of the van.

"I don't know how to drive!" Lily said as she stretched into the driver's seat. She stretched her hand around Mia pulling her into the front seat beside her.

As he passed through the metal frame of the van, the first thing Travis felt was the rush of the wind around him.

The second was absolute terror as he watched as Rose was limp in Venom's hand. He smiled as she stared into the night sky resting her head against his hand.

"I can't get a clean shot at him! I don't want to hit Rose!" Sarah screamed against the rush of wind.

Travis noticed that venom was using her as a human shield against Sarah's bullets.

It made him sick to the stomach.

"That's enough! Pick on someone your own size you overgrown lizard!" Travis screamed as he ran at Venom.

Venom laughed heartily, it was cold and it lacked any sense of real humor.

"You want to fight me? The sniveling child in the gym wants to risk his life for some insignificant woman? Why after all you are such a coward." Venom said as he tightened his grip.

Rose gasped and her hands twitched weakly.

"Shut up!" Travis screamed as he phased through Rose and landed a punch directly to Venom's jaw, causing him to lose his footing and grip.

Rose fell, gasping for air, and landed on the roof of the van with a thud. She slowly began to slide off the side and completely disappeared over the side.