2

Johnny Cade

He hadn't been in school since the incident. Everyone had heard how the poor guy was beaten real bad. You could tell by the scar under his eye. No one seemed to notice except her. His denim outfit jingled as he found his seat.

Right behind her. 

Out of the whole Curtis gang, he was the person she was intrigued by. He wasn't like most greasers. He was very quiet, almost like he was observing the world around him. 

The lecture went on, and as did her inquiry state of mind

why was he back? must have taken balls to come back to this hell hole

Finally, the class had ended, and she took this time to scurry out of the class before the rush that would soon be coming. 

But as she swung her book bag on the frail shoulder of hers, she clashed with the one person she had been pondering about the class. 

Next thing she knew they we were both on the cold dirty tiles of the classroom. 

"Oh i-i golly I'm sorry"

He looked as if he was startled, like a deer in headlights. 

"It's okay" she stated, as they both stumbled to their feet.

Again he looked as if someone killed his cat. 

"Hey, don't sweat it" she said picked up her book bag

Silence 

"I-uh, okay well see ya round'"

She felt bad for him. He probably didn't have many friends, and he was probably so trying to get through school. 

And of course, she made it worse. 

Damn you!  she cursed in brain

She walked next period, and on she went with her day. 

Then came lunch.

Oh how she dreaded lunch.

It wasn't just awful food being served, or the pretentious crowds causing unnecessary ruckus.

It was the fact the she never quite fit in with anyone

Maybe it was all in her head, maybe it wasn't. 

Walking to the library to eat her lunch, she her mind wandered to the infamous Curtis gang. She wondered what they were like. 

Sitting down she looked at the green mush the piled on her tray. 

She was going to vomit.