4

She trudged along the icy gravel, wondering where she would end up this cold night. She should've been scared, at this time of night, walking into the darkest part of town. But some how she felt at ease. Maybe it was the calm before the storm. 

She realized the thin coat she wore did nothing as another icy chill swarmed the air. Her black curls swirling out of her face.

 Then something came into view. Not something, someone.

It seemed to be a boy of significant height. Though she was standing far away. His outline bending down with what looked like a switch blade. 

He held the switchblade up to the old mustang. Or what looked to be car of that sort. And at once he started to drag the blade across the car, carving something into it. 

Her hands shot up to her ears out of instinct, dropping the keys that were once in her hand. 

She squeezed her eyes shut, knowing he had heard her. 

The screeching sound of the blade stopped. 

She slowly opened her eyes. 

She could see the figure moving slowly towards her, as if he was an animal sneaking up on his prey. 

At that moment, she knew actually who he was. 

He was about six feet away from her when she spoke "I wouldn't do that, it looks like a nice car." 

"What do you care, you know the guy?" He lit a cigarette

"No. But I know he wouldn't like it." She tucked a piece of her hair behind her ears. 

"Yeah? What are you going to do about it. Call the fuzz?" He reached for a piece of her hair, but she jerked away. 

"So what if I do?" Her lips upturned into a smirk

"That supposed to be a threat, sweetheart ."

"What ever way you take it" 

She turned away, she had had enough of this banter with him. 

"Oh and Aurora, tell your brother to watch his back. I know he slashed my tires." He stomped on his cigarette trudged on back to the car he was destroying.

She couldn't help the rage that she felt climbing up to her cheeks. 

She turned, and walked away, holding what little eye contact she could she with him until she was far enough down her path.

Little did she know, this was only the beginning.