6

Now

She didn't know how long it lasted.

She tried not to focus on what was happening to her.

It was half past midnight as when she snuck out of the dirty room.

She tried to be as quiet as possible, fearing that if he would wake, he would want more.

And she didn't have that in her.

Trudging along the dusty hallway to the stairs down to the bar, she thought about life before him.

So simple. So boring.

It was like routine.

It was like ground hogs day

But life after him was anything but that.

You never knew what would happen next with that boy who was so broken inside.

She had known of him for while, but when she finally got to know him, thats when she fell.

Hard

As she left, she could hear the howls and hoots of the hammered men at the bar.

It wasn't until when she got into her car, when she finally let go of the breath she didn't know she was holding.

It's done. You don't have to do this ever again.

She didn't waste anytime, speeding of to the police station.

She hoped this money was enough for his bail.

What did he do this time?

Vandalism? Keying a car?

She then realized the song playing on the radio.

I Fell by the Beatles

The song they had danced to in bucks.

Well, she danced. He just watched her. Admiring her beautiful and peculiar essence.

She smiled, humming along to the tune.

Maybe this was a sign of hope?

That everything would be okay. That they would get out of this town some day.

She arrived to the station. The nerves swirling in her stomach. Partly because she didn't know if the money would be enough. The other part being that she would see him.

"Uh h-hi. I'm her to bail out Dallas Winston?"

The cop eyed her up and down, a disapproving look in his face. She didn't blame him, she did look like a floozy.

"190" He said gruffly.

She counted frantically. Gathering all the money from her piggy bank and the money she made tonight.

Thanks god. She had enough money.

"Here you go"

The officer went to unlock the cell and she waited patiently, twiddling her thumbs to calm the nerves.

Then he came out.

A sultry smirk gracing his lips when he saw her.

"Hey doll"