14

Then

Sitting on the worn leather seats in the dingo, she groaned internally.

She should've never agreed to come. She knew that she would be third wheeling, she knew that the conversations would be shallow. Yet, she didn't want to be rude.

A couple of greasers walked in. Steve and Soda excused themselves, to say hi to them. She was left with the girls.

The blonde, which she had assumed to be Sodapop's girlfriend, was wearing a pink blouse with a grey pleated skirt. She wore a pretty pink bracelet that hung off her wrist.

She was very pretty.

The girl next to her wearing a green long sleeved sheer blouse paired with a leather skirt. She wore her brown hair up in a high ponytail to show off her sharp cheekbones and her cheeks dusted with freckles.

Maybe they weren't as bad as they seemed. She did need friends. Especially that of the same gender.

"I uhm, I like your bracelet" Aurora said, adding a half smile for good measures.

She paused mid conversation and turned to her. She giggled.

"Thanks. Who even are you. Like, not to be rude or anything" She flicked her tongue, stopping herself from laughing "It's just- the guys have never mentioned you"

"Oh I-I just met them. I helped Johnny and Ponyboy get home after they were beaten up by some Soc's." She rambled "I don't really know why I came" She gave an awkward laugh.

"Yeah. It's a little weird. This was supposed to be a double date. Your ruining the mood" She stated, exaggerating the annoyance in her tone.

This could either go two ways.

She could make some nasty remark to get back at her attitude.

Or

She could walk away.

It wasn't worth it.

"I'll leave" She said

"Sandy! That wasn't nice. You can stay if you want" The brunette hollered.

But it was too late, she was already out the door.

So much for making friends.