12

Then

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Dallas Winston.

She had, had enough of him for one night, just to find out he was staying for dinner.

It wasn't that she hated him, no, that would never be the case.

It was no matter how much time had passed, she would always be infatuated with him.

And it pissed her off.

Damn her feelings.

He sauntered in, a cigarette hanging from his lips. He put one his buddies, Johnny in headlock.

She didn't dare to look up, fearing that he might lock eyes with her.

But impulse got the best of her, and her eyes flicked just in time to lock with a pair of brown eyes staring right back at her.

He stared at her for what felt like forever. She could feel cheeks tinting, and by now they probably red as the roses in her front yard.

"What's the broad doin' here" He asked, returning back to his "tough" persona.

"She saved us Dal, we decided to let her stay for dinner" Ponyboy said as scooted past Twobit who was watching a program that seemed to intrigue him.

He walked up to her, a smirk gracing his lips.

"Just couldn't get enough of me huh?"

He lifted her chin with his two fingers, pinching the skin in between.

For a split second she didn't move, or speak, she sat there with fiery cheeks and a heart pounding in her chest.

But it didn't last long. She jerked her chin away. Although she had a crush on him, she couldn't deny that he was an asshole sometimes, and needed to be put in his place.

"Go to hell" She spat.

"Fiery, huh? Well good for you sugar, I like em' fiery".

She was about to retort, when she heard the oldest brother, Darry, ask for help in the kitchen. It seemed as if he wasn't a good cook. But, he was trying, and Aurora admired him for that.

"I can" She smiled. Then glared back at Dallas.

She held his eyes until the were no longer visible.