9

Now

The car ride was silent.

He decided to drive on the way back, taking both of them to Bucks.

He had probably wondered why she was dressed like that. She looked dirty.

Used.

Her wandering thoughts were answered when he asked the question "Why are you dressed like that?"

She looked up at him, meeting his gaze. A mixture of confusion and worry in his eyes.

"It doesn't matter" She said trying her best for voice not crack

She didn't want to think about what she had to do.

But he was persistent, not wanting to drop the subject.

"Man, why don't you tell me things. Why's you like that" He asked again, more forcing with his tone.

She closed her eyes, a tear falling from her left.

"Dallas, I-I don't think you want to know"

"Cmon man is it really that bad?"

She was silent.

Looking up at him with sad puppy dog eyes as she stayed solitude.

"I had to do it, to get your bail money. Dallas I had to do it." She said between strained breaths and sobs. She had always been emotional.

Too emotional. Men would say.

I just like that, it was like everything clicked.

His persistent eyes turned sympathetic with a hint of frustration.

He pulled into an empty lot, parking and taking a breath.

"God Aurora, you are so dumb." He said, his voice sounding humorous, but the situation being anything but.

Pulling her by her waist into her lap, he tried to soothe her silent cries.

As her shaking finally stopped and the rumbles of her chested halted she looked up at him.

"I'm so sorry"

He took her face in his hands and kissed her with deep nurture and passion.

She returned the kiss.

It was anything but sexual in the moment. It was Dallas and Aurora expressing their strange connection by intertwining their lips and souls.

The stayed like that for hours.

The only sound being shallow breaths and drizzling rain.