16

Weightless

It was a bizarre feeling. The feeing that wind might sweep you away. The feeling that you are hovering over your body looking down at the mess. 

That is how she felt. 

It came in waves. The feeling of having no purpose. No emotions. No soul. Just an empty body 

Fingers tingling as she raised them above her head. Pinching and poking with her other hand that founds it way up. 

She could feel her own touch. But it was like she was numb. 

Pushing herself off the bed, she moved to her mirror. 

She tugged on her brown curls that tangled during the sleep she had just awoken from. 

Saturday was the day her parents went to brunch with the rich folks. They were always trying to tie knots to better their social status. 

Sometimes she wondered how she was even related to her parents. 

Her brother was probably drunk in an alley or bedroom of a prostitute. 

She quickly got dressed. Changing into a sundress that hit just above the knees. She put sheer tights under and a white cardigan around her her shoulders. 

Before she left, she glanced in the mirror. She looked pretty. She looked like a Soc. 

She walked out her house, sighing. She may have looked like a Soc. But she was going to North side today. 

And she was going to find him.