13

Then

Awkward

The dinner was so fucking awkward.

Twobit broke the silence "So you and Aurora know each other or what?"

Dallas scoffed "I know her brother, I know that he drinks a little too much"

Her eyes blazed with furry. What he was saying was true, she couldn't deny it. But she didn't like people talking about her family.

"Shut your trap" she snapped. "You don't know nothing"

"Oh yeah? S'that supposed to be threat?" He grinned, challenging her.

"Fuck you"

"Tell me when and where, doll." He remarked, as leaned back in his chair, while manspreading profusely.

Her cheeks went red with anger and embarrassment.

Just the thought of that made her heart throb.

She thought of leaving, but that would immature. It would also mean he would win.

So she leaned back in her chair, and flicked her gaze

The silence was unbearable.

Just stay something, anyone.

"Steve and I are thinking about heading to the Dingo, do you want to come?"

She didn't want to come. They were probably bringing their girlfriends. The ones with the perfect hair and beautiful eyelashes. The girls she would never be.

But damn her, she didn't want to be rude. She didn't have many friends, so maybe, this was the start of something.

"Sure, I'll go"