Broken Trust, Now and Forever (2)

Parts: 2/?

Type: Angst

Ship: ErRoR Loading.....Dreambur? 

Plot: (go read previous if haven't already it'll make no sense if you skip) after what happened, Dream sought shelter and sat down in a nearby cave, hovering for warmth.  This part will be mostly reflecting on what Dream has done.

Enjoy it! more parts coming soon!

TW: Self Harm, Caves, Crying. If anything triggers you, I strongly say you leave this chapter and read the other ones :)

--

Dream was curled up in a tight ball, pondering what on earth there is to live for. Salty tears slipped past his chin and rested on his neck. Bloodshot eyes that used to be a mischievous sparkling emerald green looked dead and worn out. He felt so, so cold. The blonde couldn't feel his fingers, his cheeks hurt from the freezing wind and his throat felt dry. He wanted to cough to get rid of the horrible feeling in his throat but kept silent, as though if he was quiet enough he would disappear. 

Dream's only excuse for living was Wilbur. Wilbur would always beam and grin whenever he saw Dream, he would excitedly talk to him for hours on end, complaining about the war and about Tommy. Wilbur would give random presents as a 'token of gratitude' to Dream on on holidays or just when he was feeling up.

But would that ever be the same?

They used to share a special bond, one that would last the end of the earth. But maybe the earth ended early? Or maybe just the relationship.

That would have made more sense.

Their foolproof plan was already in the grave, rotting.

If you bottled up all your feelings, you won't come to an simple understanding of pain like others had learned years before. You would have been blinded by your feelings, listening to your heart instead of your brain. Listening to love over simple common sense, listening passion over life skills. Ignoring everything you had ever been taught,  just for some broken love.

Dream thought bitterly.

No matter what you do, no matter how it turns out, you'll be angry either way. If you're able to live a totally life, even if you get the hunger and longing of love you'll never get, a piece of you will always be missing. You'll be fooled by anything once your hunger overpowers you and takes over. There is no going back. Argument just like that, frustration at full blast. 

Dream shivered and wiped his nose. He wanted to go back to Wilbur, to please and sob for forgiveness, but Dream's ego and pride would be crushed if he had done that. Dream wanted to cry out for his loved to rescue him from this dark state of mind, to shower him with kisses and assure that the blonde did nothing wrong. Nothing happened.

There was sadness in every miserable breath Dream exhaled. Nothing could explain the sadness he felt at that moment. His heart was too full of sadness to dwell upon the happiness the Wilbur had brought him. Dream's sadness had nothing to do with not appreciating their fortune. He wanted cry out and let everything out. He wanted be in Wilbur's arms, cuddling with his boyfriend.

Dream's back scraped against the knobby cave wall, a fist of stone poking his spine as leant back, tilting his head up with tears streaming down his cheeks. He almost bumped his head on the low ceiling as dusts of debris caked on him fell of from the sudden movement. He hugged himself and tugged on his diamond sword, taking it out and gazing at it. He dropped the delicacy onto the cave floor and winced at the loud sound it made. Dream took out a smaller iron sword and gripped  it tightly in his hand. He lifted his sleeve up slightly and traced small lines on his wrist with the little sword. A small wave of uneasiness drowned him. Dream trembled with fear as he glanced at his wrist and then to the small sword. With a shake breath, he dug the knife into his wrist and slowly laced long lined over it. The blonde cursed at the pain and quickly plunged the knife out, dropping it into the floor, tending to the wound and hissing with pain. Dream watched a dot of blood appear and drip down his hand and drop down on the floor. Blood caked his palm and was slowly flowing down his wrist as the wound burned. Dream grabbed his hoodie and threw it off, wrapping it around his wrist. Cold air hit his body and Dream yelped. He only had a thin black turtleneck on now. Dream collapsed on the floor, applying pressure to his wrist, trying to stop blood pooling. He sighed.

"What have I done?" He asked to no one. "Wilbur, are you proud of me? Can you come now? I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He repeated these two pitiful words, I'm sorry, till the moon set and sun rose, shining light on every available surface. But he didn't stop. He rambled on and on until his throat felt dry. The blonde needed water, everything felt uncomfortable. His turtleneck was tight and he couldn't breath. Dream coughed and hacked, giving dry wheezes. 

Harder

                 To

                          Breath

                                             He

                                                        Couldn't

                                                                            Breath

The blonde's lungs tightened and he couldn't get a pant out. Blood was splattered across his lap and the bloody knife lay against the floor. Dream's eyes rolled up to his head before he managed to say one word. "Wilbur..." His eyes fluttered shut as he collapsed to the floor, next to his his broken sword.

Broken like his trust.

Now, and forever.

--

Word count- 945

But I won't wear the cat ears~ danadadadada

hiya! more parts coming soon!

-Ideax