The day that 'she' knew

Type: fluffy angst

parts: 1/1

plot: Dawn (Dream) wants to be a boy, parents don't allow it but...

--

"Dawn! If you brushed your hair once in a while, you wouldn't have to cut away the edges. Makes you look...all boyish. Ugh!" The She-Creature hissed.

Dawn was silent. She looked upon her mother who she did not know the name of. Mother sounded...playful. It sounded childish. Dawn was not a child, she knew better then to call her mother, mother.

Dawn touched her head and hid a small smile. It wasn't much of a difference but she liked it better then her long hair.

It made her look like a girl.

But she was a girl.

Was she?

Dawn sat outside every day, watching boys play. She loved how they tease each other and pretend to kiss one another. How amusing! Dawn loved how the boys played without a care in the world, lifting their shirts and hitching up their trousers, oh so wonderful clothing too! Unlike the long cotton dress Dawn had to wear everywhere. Dawn hated her girlish pigtails and the small and frail body she had. She hated her chest and her thighs. She hated herself.

But she didn't. Dawn was tired. She was tired she had be another person. She was tired she had to wear long uncomfortable dresses.

The She-Creature enforced it.

Dawn dug deep into her memories. She found a particular  one and she nestled into it, remembering about that day.

The day that she knew.

A huge cluttering cloud of relatives. All murmuring and laughing. Dawn stood still wearing a baseball cap that hid her eyes and a T-shirt with a bra that pulled her chest in the most. She had her ponytail low and tied into a bun. She had only been allowed to wear such clothing because The He-Creature had insisted it. Dawn didn't know why, but she liked her shirt and jeans more than any dress she had.

A distant aunt bustled behind Dawn and started speaking to The She-Creature.

"Lana! Oh, how wonderful to see you, been so long..."  The aunt droned on while The She-Creature smiled and nodded. Finally, the aunt looked down to see Dawn gazing up at her.

"Ah!" The aunt smiled. "What a handsome young boy, you have there, Lana." 

Dawn's eyes widened a little. But she didn't feel offended, she felt an odd senstation...could it be pride?

The She-Creature stiffened and Dawn slumped her back again. "No, no, Charlotte! This is my daughter! See?" The She-Creature pulled Dawn's baseball cap off and forced her to stand straight.

The aunt raised her eyebrows. "Oh, forgive me." She put a gloved hand to her mouth. "My mistake. But heavens I beg, how could you let your daughter wear such...abnormal clothing! Simply unforgivable, she is a girl and should be wearing flowery blouses and dresses, not these...shirts you have here."

The She-Creature bowed her head apologetically. "Oh, I am sorry, Lottie. My slip. I should not have allowed my daughter to wear such foul clothing to insult her gender. I sincerely regret it. Should have chose something more, revealing, I say. A beautiful dress to bring out her breasts, don't you think?"

The She-Creature chuckled and Dawn felt her heart drop.

The two ladies continued talking but Dawn slipped out.

Her heart pounded. She though about when she heard the lady say she was a boy.

Suddenly, being a girl didn't sound so appealing.

Dawn sighed as The She-Creature walked away from trimming Dawn's hair. The scissors were left at the sink and Dawn gazed at it. She walked towards the scissors and picked them up, looking at herself in the mirror.

Very slowly, she picked it up and cut off a small piece of hair. She watched it fall to the ground. She trimmed off another piece and another. 

Snip.

                Snip.

                             Snip.

Her long goldilocks hair was lying limp on the floor. Dawn looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. She felt glad. She felt happy.

Dawn dropped the scissors by accident and she bent down to retrieve it. When she looked back at the mirror, she gasped.

He gasped. He smiled. He cried. Dream looked at the mirror and his reflection beamed back.

There was no Dawn.

There had never been.

It was just Dream.

And Dream was a boy.

--

word count- 

hello 

i know this story is short, but i hope u enjoyed it :]

-ideax