The Last Birthday Gift

type: angst

ship: dreamnap

parts: 1/2

plot: find out for ya self fuckers <3

HI- its been exactly 4 chapters since ive wrote angst so ive decided to torture yall even more 😌🤫🤭 ALSO on of my last angst chapters called "ignore me challenge"  MY BEAUTIFUL FRIEND MADE A VIDEO ON IT IIN GACHA go watch it!111111!11!! OR ELSE 🤧🤭

(the link as at the bottom of the chapter <3)

now let the madness begin and tears come flowing in!

--

"Dreaaaaaamm! Y'know what's special about this week?" Sapnap asked as he cuddled Dream closer.

"Uh, it's gonna be March in five days?" Dream replied confused, as he set down his phone to face his lover.

Sapnap pouted. He mimicked blowing out a candle and Dream's eyes widened. He laughed and tackled Sapnap onto the floor.

"Oh, it's gonna be your birthdayyyy!" Dream smiled. "March 1st, am I right?"

"Mmm..." Sapnap licked his lips and leaned closer. "You better give me an amazing gift."

Dream made a giggling noise as he kissed Sapnap briefly and tenderly. He backed away while grinning at Sapnap.

"My gift is going to make you cry on how good it is!" Dream declared triumphantly.

"More like I'm going to cry on how bad it is." Sapnap rolled his eyes. Dream sneered at Sapnap who smirked back.

Inside of Sapnap's chest, a sudden onset of agony appeared. He collapsed on his side and started hacking. Dream softly tapped his back as he fretted. The Ravenette relaxed before heaving once more. He quickly jumped to his feet and dashed to the bathroom, closing the door behind him. Dream hurried over and rapped on the door. Dream placed his ears against the door when Sapnap didn't respond.

"Sap? You good?" He asked worriedly.

Sapnap didn't reply but Dream could hear him vomiting. Panic ignited like a flame in Dream's heart. He shouted at the door and pounded against the door. It seemed like an eternity until Sapnap opened the door wearily. Dream fell into Sapnap's embrace, his heart thumping furiously.

"Are you okay??" Dream asked.

"Yeah, I was just feeling sick." Sapnap said, trying to discreetly wipe a speck of blood from his mouth.

"So sick you had to throw up?" Dream demanded, massaging Sapnap's back hurriedly. Sapnap took Dream's hand gently and squeezed it lightly.

"Sorry, babe. It's probably just the flu. I'm gonna be fine!" Sapnap assured Dream. Dream nodded hesitantly. Sapnap smiled and cupped Dream cheeks. "Don't worry so much, baby, worry about getting me my beautiful birthday present!" He leaned into kiss Dream but Dream playfully pushed him back, chuckling.

"No way are you kissing me with your vomit-breath! Eat some Tic Tacs, boy!" Dream exclaimed, his heart lightening.

Sapnap laughed wildly while throwing his head back. Dream joined him, and the two of them collapsed to the ground in a mass, laughing and loving each other.

It was one of the few times they were both equally content.

--

2 days later, February 27th.

Coughing, and weak, Sapnap lay on the couch, unable to move. Dream sat on his knees beside the frail dark haired boy and fed him some chicken broth.

"Sap, this flu won't go away. It's just getting worse!" Dream's voice cracked.