25

Several years have passed. Rachel is doing her residency at Stanford hospital and getting ready to  take her exam today.  Roger encourages me to do well after he , Jane, Maura, Lupe,  James, Scott, Marc and Kim dropped me off at the test center in the hospital. They all tell me you know this and just relax. I hug them and all and thanks them for being here. I enter the center and show them my driver's license.  They mark me off as being present and have me sit .

Okay everyone open your books, fill in the bubbles for your name and today's date. I will give you ten minutes to complete.

Roger states she is scared and it's understandable.  Maura ,Kim, and TJ have been staying in Frisco to get her ready.

It's all up to her now.  What if she doesn't pass?Roger thinks positive. Jane I went to church this morning to pray she  does well.  I took the day off for work like everyone here to support her. Let's change the subject.  How many people have graduated from school and living on their own now ? Roger 93. Wow that's alot. Yes Jane and I and so many others are happy too. Lupe and James live in Sacramento now. James is a FBI agent, Lupe is now the Executive Director of the Everlasting Teenage Mansion, Roger you just opened up your plumbing business in Frisco.  Malcolm and Rachel are engaged.  Malcom is a cardiologist nurse in Stanford. Marc King is a social worker in Italy and married Scott his best friend. The seven of you  have done well. Who would of thought we still be supportive to our foster siblings? Yeah your right says Lupe. I don't want to think of my wife as my foster sister.  It kinda creeps me out. Honey we were never related by blood so it shouldn't. Malcolm  and Rachel are engaged and don't see it creepy like toy do.
I wish Malcom didn't have to work today.  Being a well known in his field as a nurse in cardiology has its advantages and disadvantages as we all know.  He is worried too and wish he wasn't in surgery says Lupe .

We are outside the center for several hours and Malcolm finally joins us for the last 15 minutes before Rachel comes out.

Babe how do you think you did? I am
pretty sure I did well.  Scott and Marc thank you for flying in.  It wasn't a problem.  John brought us, since he and Joy are in Lodi for their wine business meeting with Maura being absent.   Scott I already voted what I want done thanks to everyone turning in their reports on time for me to review and I reviewed the proposals. Katelyn wanted to be here but one of us have to be present.
Sorry we are late. We just flew back from Canada.  It's okay Jason and Amanda. I have the rest of the day off. Perfect our treat for dinner st the wharf lobster. Amanda made the reservations already.  Okay let's go.

We all drive and find parking.  We Pau the ridiculous price for a few hours and dinner was wonderful. We all headed back to Sacramento for the three day weekend for a huge BBQ for the fourth of July at Penelope and Javier's home.