- 307

I woke up feelin' a little sad

I woke up feelin' a little sad. I just kept thinkin' about that day ova and ova and how the one time I finally stood up and fought back it turned out to be one of the worst days of my life. I missed my kids so much. It hurt even worse knowin' they were with Derrick and that it would be a while before I got to see them again.

I got up and did my morning routine and walked to the kitchen. I looked in the refrigerator.  I was going to make Woddy and I some breakfast, just to be nice. It was kind of him to let me stay with him until everything got situated with the custody battle and my parole. I didn't see anything other than vegetables, and it wasn't shit I could make for breakfast with just vegetable.

"Woddy!" I called out. I didn't get a response, so I went and knocked on his door. "Woddy?" I walked to the backyard and as soon as I walked out, I turned back around quick. "Oh, sorry." I said, I didn't know if it was because of the weather or what, but my body was getting warm all ova.

"Why you turn around and covering yo face?" He laughed

"Niggah, you ain't got on no shoes or shirt."

"Does that make you uncomfortable? My feet ain't that damn bad." He asked me laughin'. 

"Nah, I'm...I'm good."

"Then come sit down." He laughed.

I turned around and went to sit down at the little table he had set up outside. His backyard was nice. He had a little area where you could sit down and relax and a small garden, which he was at now pickin' even mo' vegetables.

"Woddy, don't you think you got enough vegetables?" I asked him.

"No' Ma'am, you can neva have enough vegetables." He pulled up a carrot and turned around to show me, smilin' all proudly. I just rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"What they call you? Garden Nee-gro-dee?"

"Ha ha, they call me WO-DDY, hottest manager in these streets, speaking of...hold on." He pulled his phone out his pocket and started talking.

"Yeah whaddup. Yeah, I'ma slid them beats to em'. Real soon, real soon... iight' cool." He hung up the phone.

"I see you! Keepin' Murda booked and busy huh?"