- 310

I looked around tha room to make sure I wasn't missin' anything and grabbed my suitcase

I looked around tha room to make sure I wasn't missin' anything and grabbed my suitcase. Tomorrow was a big day...well huge day for me. Tonight was my first solo show down in Texas and then I was meetin' with tha record label to go over a possible record deal. Shit was about to glo up for me. I was ready tho, I needed to start providing for my framily so they could be set financially long afta I was gone from this earth. With this  record deal we would all be  making it up out this bitch.

I made my way to the room door then turned around and did a quick scan again to make sure one last time that I wasn't missin' anything. As I looked around I had a thought that if everything went good, I would soon be upgradin' our livin' situation and we would have way more room and closet space for Cliff to put all her crazy ass outfits.

I made my way downstairs and found Cliff sittin' in tha livin' room.

"You ready to go?" I asked her.

"I can't go LaMarques."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. This was the only "calming" down technique I had for myself at tha moment.

"What chu mean?"

"I can't go, I just got stuff situated at tha club. I can't just pick up and go with you whenever you say go and plus who gon watch Grandmuva Ernestine?"

"Cliff, my niggah. It's not like it's just any otha show fah me. It's my first solo show, then I have a meetin' with tha record label. I'm makin' major moves right nah and I want you to be there with me." I sat my suitcase down then went to sit down on tha couch next to her.

"Maybe I can make tha next show." She said looking at me.

"The next show ain't gon matter to me as much as this one matters. Yo opinion matters, it's tha only one that matters." She turned ha head, and I grabbed her face gently and turned it towards me.

"What's really tha issue Shawty?"

"I tol' you. I just can't make it to this one."

I got up from tha couch and started pacing back in forth.

"LaMarques..."

"From tha moment you let me back in I knew that shit was gon have tha change. Heyell, I knew shit was gon have tah change tha moment you kicked me out tha kingdom. I knew shit was gon have tah change cause it was no way I was gone fuck shit up again. You said you needed real life. Outside tha Paradise Room, Outside tha room and outside that fuckin' closet. I been doin' that willingly and openly, but obviously I'm fuckin' up somewhere. Tell me what I'm doing wrong, and I'll fix it, cause right now I'm not understandin."

"LaMarques it's not you, I tol' you. I just can't make it to this one."

"That's bullshit Cliff. Just help me undastand this please cause I don't want to fuck shit up again."