- 313

I was on my way back to my hotel when I decided to get some food and check on Winter

I was on my way back to my hotel when I decided to get some food and check on Winter. I hadn't heard from her since we left Texas. I parked my car and grabbed the food , then went upstairs and knocked on her door.

"Who is it?"

I didn't say anything. Just held up the food for her to see. She opened the door and leaned on the doorframe.

"Since when you learn how to knock?" She smiled.

"What chu mean?" I asked her.

"Last time you were here you were already in my apartment un-invited waiting for me to get out the shower so you could kill me."

"That was so long ago. Things a little different now. Are you gon let a niggah in or what?" I asked her.

"Yeah, but only because you got food."

'I kno the way to a woman's heart." I laughed and walked in. I sat the food on the table and pulled it out tha bag.

"Um, I got water, Kool-Aid, Sprite, Coke and Henny"

"Let me see what cho Kool-Aid hittin fah." I laughed.

"Don't sleep on me. My Kool-Aid is legendary." She poured me a glass and brought it to me. She put her hands on her hips.

"I mean damn, you just gone make me taste it right now?!" I laughed.

"Yep." I took a sip and pretended to throw up.

"Whatever." She said and sat down.

"I really didn't kno what you wanted so I just got a lil' of everything." I told her.

"It all looks and smells delicious. Thank you."

"No problem."

We ate then went and sat down on the couch to talk.

"I see you got a little more stuff for yo place. You plannin' on staying in Chucalissa?" 

"That's looking like the plan right about now. I wanted my brother to come live with me...but he's just out being the on the streets getting into all kinds of trouble. But I don't blame him."

"Why you say that?"

"Because anywhere is better than being at home with my mom."

"What's up with her?"

"Ever since my dad's death, she's hated me. She became this person that was unrecognizable. She used to be so loving, and caring. At first, I thought it was just her going through grief but as time went on and the drugs came into play it got worse. I just started accepting the fact that my mom hated me and wished I was dead. The only reason I stayed was for my brother King. I wanted to leave so many times, but I just wouldn't be able to live with myself knowing that he was in that house by himself suffering."