- 319

"Before I met you, I didn't think it was anybody out there that would be able to love me the way you love me

"Before I met you, I didn't think it was anybody out there that would be able to love me the way you love me."

The words Cliff said to me last night had been replying over and over in my head as I watched her sleep. Even when she's just sleeping she's still tha most beautiful woman in the world to me. I still didn't know what I did to deserve her, but whatever it was, I was thankful. I gently grabbed her hand and kissed her ring finger. I slid out the bed and got down on my knees.

"I know a niggah don't always come to you as much as he should, and I'm working on changin' that. I just want to thank you for bringing Cliff in my life when I needed her tha most. She was tha light I needed in this world of darkness I was living in. She's such a good person and I want to give her everything she wants out of life. I know I'm not the best person in tha world and it's probably too late to ask for forgiveness for some of the things I've done, but just please keep a niggah around so I can always be there for my framily, to protect Cliff and to show her how much I love her. Amen."

I got up and went to the bathroom to brushed my teeth and wash my face. Once I was done I grabbed my phone and went out to the balcony to call my mama.

"Good morning Lenny."

"Really mama? That bet not be my name in yo phone." I laughed.

'I heard you be- "

"Aye! Cut all that out."

"I'm just messing' with you bwoy." She laughed. "What are you doing up so early anyways? You and Cliff on ya'll way back?" She asked me.

"Not yet, but I should be asking you tha same. What are you doing up so early."

"Niggah you kno I'm always up early.  Who else use to catch yo ass sneaking back in tha house through yo room window at 6:00 am."

"You always did stay snooping' through a niggahs room." I laughed.

"Nah, yo ass was always trying to sneak. Thinking you was slick."

"I did give ya'll hell when I was younger huh? I'm sorry."

"Bwoy please. From tha moment I meet your daddy I knew whatever seed he planted in me was gon come out givin' me a headache just like him." She laughed.

"You miss'em?"

"All tha time. My only son all famous now, barely got time for his Ol'Shawty" She laughed.

"I always got time for you."

"Then why haven't I ever seen you perform? I ain't to old for tha club."

"Yes you are, plus niggahs be actin' crazy in tha club. I'll kill somebody that step to you wrong."

"LaMarques I'ma thug, I can handle myself."