- 318

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Shawty, tha alarm." 

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Cliff?" I reached across tha bed to shake Cliff up so she could cut the alarm off, but I didn't feel her. I sat up and turned off the alarm. I didn't hear tha shower, so I assumed she was already downstairs. I rubbed my eyes and noticed a red box and card sitting on her vanity. I threw the covers back and went to read the card.

From the moment your big boats ran into my life, I've never been happier

Every step with you in this life under the sun, is the beginning of something amazing

I looked in tha box and it was an outfit and a new pair of shoes.  I was about to go downstairs when my phone started ringing. I looked and saw it was Cliff.

"Good morning beautiful. You could 'of stayed upstairs so I could' of thanked you for my gift but if you want me to thank you in the kitchen I'm wit it." I told her reaching for the door handle. 

"I'm not home LaMarques." She laughed.

"Whur you at?" I asked her. I looked at tha clock. It was 8:00 am.

"I'm at the courthouse. Remember it's Keyshawn's court date." She said, and I threw my head back.

"Aw shit. I forgot. Why you ain't wake me up?" I asked her. I went and pulled out the outfit and shoes she had got me.  I was just gone take a quick shower, throw on this outfit, then head down to the courthouse. 

"I didn't want to wake you up, plus I wanted to surprise you."

"It ain't my burfday Shawty."  

"It ain't gotta be your burday for me to give you the Uncle Clifford Experience."

"I thought I got all that on my burfday."

"Oh nawl, that was just tha tip. I- "

"Aye! Keep that shit PG13! We'on wanna hure that." I laughed, because I already knew who that was.

"Tell Tru I said fuck him."

"Nah, you tell'em." She laughed.

"Niggah fah real, you can hurry yo ass up and get to this courthouse and she can tell you all that shit in person." He laughed.

"Yeah, iight. I'm bout to hop in tha shower and I'ma be on my way."

"Bet." He handed tha phone back to Cliff.

"I already packed your bag. It's by tha closet."

"Damn, so you really got all this shit planned out huh?"

"Yep, all you need tah do is show up and leave tha rest to me."

"iight then, say less." I went into the bathroom and started tha shower. "What about Miss. Earnestine?"