Chapter 5

Third Person's POV

Nandini looked at the jewelry sets she had taken out of her suitcase a while back and spread them over the small space on the bed.

Those jewelry were given to her by her parents on her wedding.

It was not much, but it was all she had.

'I will take them to the jeweler tomorrow and ask how much money I can get after selling them.'

Initially, she was a slightly hesitant about selling them because her parents had given those jewelry to her.

But later, she remembered how they handed them to her.

It was done just out of the formality. To show their status to her in-laws and others. It was not done out of love.

'That is why it won't hurt when I part from these. After all, a gift without love or thought as no emotional value or attachment at all.'

Sighing heavily, Nandini clears the bed, keeping all the jewelry boxes back inside her suitcase.

She hopes she will get enough money to at least cover her fee for her culinary classes.

She has been wanting to learn cooking in professional capacity for a long time now, but she never got the courage to ask her parents about it. She always hesitated because she thought they would not allow her.

But now, she does not have such hesitation. May be because she now knows she is competely alone in this world.

Her husband does not care about her.

Her in-laws are nice, but they might also abandon her once they find out about their son's thought regarding this marriage.

She does not know why Manik married her. She only knows there is a reason, and he will divorce her once as soon as he gets what he wants from this marriage.

'What after that? Where will I go?' Nandini wonders.

She has no one in this world and she has nowhere to go too. She will be homeless once she gets out of this house.

'That is why I need to make something of myself soon.'

Nandini nods at that thought. She does not have any other choice too. She needs to get a job and save some money so she will at least be able to rent a place to live after she leaves this house.

A wry smile curves her lips as she thinks about her situation. She has her parents and her husband. On the basis of that, she should have two homes to call her own.

But she does not have even one. Neither her parents' house nor her husband's house is her own.

Shaking her head at her condition, Nandini walks to the window and looks outside, leaning on the window frame.

It had been raining a few hours back, so the earthy smell somewhat soothed her aching heart.

As it was already dark, she looked at the clock and found it was already 11 pm.

Still, her husband is not home.

While eating the dinner earlier with Manik's parents, they told her to call him and ask when he would return from office.

She had hesitated then because she knew she did not have any right to do that.

After all, Manik has made it clear to her that she is his unwanted wife to whom he will never give any rights.

So, keeping her phone on silent mode, she had pretended to call Manik in front of them. Then, after some time, she told them Manik's line was busy and she would call him later.