Chapter 14

Third Person's POV

Manik entered his house, his mind chaotic after everything he heard from his private investigator a few hours back.

He still is unable to believe that Nandini's parents hate her to the extent that they even called the police on Vikash just for asking questions about her.

But he cannot blame them too. After all, Nandini is the reason behind their son's death.

He does not know yet what had happened in the past because Mr. and Mrs. Iyer did not reveal anything regarding their son's death to Vikash.

'But I am sure Nandini is at fault. Otherwise, why would any parent hate their own daughter?' Manik thought as he walked inside his room.

He frowned seeing the whole room inmersed in darkness. So, he immediately switched on the light.

"Sleeping like she has no care in the world." Manik sighed heavily and shook his head disappointedly at Nandini as he saw her lying on the bed.

Her back was facing him so he could not be sure if she was really asleep but he assumed she was sleeping because she was lying still, not making any movement.

He was about to walk to the bathroom to get freshened up when he heard her voice.

"Why would I have any care of the world? It is only the great Manik Sisodiya who has taken it upon himself to interfere in others' lives and worry about everyone in this world. Hasn't he?" Nandini sat up on the bed and faced Manik.

"I have no energy to argue with you, Nandini. So, please, spare me today," Manik said.

"Hmm, why would you have any energy left after you wasted it all by snooping into my personal matters?" Nandini climbed down the bed and walked to stand in front of Manik.

"What I waste my energy on is none of your business, Nandini." Saying that, Manik was about to walk away from Nandini but she stopped him by holding his arm.

"It becomes my business when it involves me, Manik. How dare you send a private investigator to my parent's house?" Nandini asked Manik, her voice stiff and eyes emitting anger that she felt for Manik at that moment.

"I sent him there because I wanted to know what had happened which made you react that way a few days back," Manik replied to Nandini, freeing his arm from her hold.

"Why would you want to know anything about me when you have made it clear that I mean nothing to you? Why I reacted that way should be none of your business, Manik," Nandini said to Manik sternly.

Manik let out a sly smirk as he shook his head at Nandini. "I know why you are acting so defensively. After all, you are not what you show you are.

"You show everyone you are innocent and virtuous but I know who you are now. A manipulative, cold-hearted girl who killed her own brother.

"You are nothing but a murderer, Nandini Iyer. A murde--" Manik stopped abruptly when he felt a stinging pain on his cheek.

Unable to believe what Nandini did, Manik looked at her with only rage emitting through his eyes and his entire being.

Walking closer to Nandini, Manik started speaking. "How dare you slap me? How. Dare. You?" Manik punctuated each word, his voice intense enough to make goosebumps erupt over Nandini's entire body.

"I dare because you deserve it." Nandini held her ground.

Although she felt her hands shaking because of fear from how close Manik was standing and how intensely he was staring at her, she fisted her hands to control the tremor and took deep breath to lessen her fear.

"Apologize now, Nandini. Because if you do not, you have no idea how bad the consequences are going to be for you." Manik gritted his teeth.

"Oh! You want me to say sorry?" Nandini asked and let out a wry smirk. "Of course, I will say sorry, Mr. Manik Sisodiya."

Nandini folded her hand over her chest and stared intensely at Manik.

"I am sorry I got tied to this marriage with a pompous, arrogant jerk like you who has no regard for others' feelings.

"I am sorry you are such an insufferable prick who cannot leave me and my relations alone even after telling me you want nothing to do with me.

"I am really sorry that you a such a horrible person who cannot see anything else beyond your prejudiced opinions, assumptions, and judgements.

"There I said sorry for all the things for which I truly am sorry. I hope that is enough for you." Nandini unfolded her hands and walked closer to Manik.

"This is the last time I am telling you, Mr. Manik Sisodiya. Stay away from me and never interfere in my personal matters.

"And what do you know about me, huh? What do you know about everything I faced growing up? What do you know my life and struggles?" Nandini asked and sighed deeply when Manik continued staring angrily at her, not replying to any of her questions.

"You do not know anything, Manik. And I would like it to stay this way. You know why? Because you do not deserve to know anything about me and I won't ever give you the right or ever let you in. So, Just. Stay. Away." Nandini finished speaking and walked out of the room, leaving a fuming Manik behind.