Chapter 7

Third Person’s POV

"I don't want your favor, Mr. Manik Sisodiya. I can find a job on my own," Nandini says, folding her hands over her chest.

Manik sighs when he hears Nandini. "I am not doing you any favor. My assistant will be going on maternity leave starting next week, and we have not hired her replacement yet. Since you are also looking for a job, I am simply offering you one."

Nandini thinks about it for a while.

She does need a job, and the sooner she gets it, the sooner she can start saving money. Her salary can also contribute to her enrolling in a good culinary class.

"If that’s the case, I accept the job. When shall I start?" She asks.

"You can come to the office tomorrow and Riya, my assistant, will orient you about the job. You can then start from next week," Manik replies, and Nandini nods.

"But there is one condition, Nandini."

"What condition?" Nandini wants to know.

"No one in the office should know that you are my wife. I don't want them giving you special treatment because of that. It will only hamper your performance, which can affect my work too, as you will be working as my personal assistant."

Nandini frowns, hearing him. "But most of your friends and colleagues had attended our wedding. Wouldn't they recognize me?"

"We did not have any pre-wedding functions, and on our wedding day, too, there had been only a few guests. And you had been wearing a long veil then. So, no one had been able to see your face.

"Also, we had not allowed any paparazzi at the wedding and have not done any official photoshoot or announcement too. That is why I don't think anyone would recognize you.

"My friends and colleagues only know my wife's name is Nandini. And more than one girl can have that name, can't they?" Manik says.

Nandini thoughtfully nods at him, realizing he is right.

Anyway, she also did not have any interest in introducing herself as Manik's wife because this relationship meant nothing to her now.

A sharp pain pierces her heart at that thought.

'If it does not mean anything, why does it still hurt this way?' Her heart questions, but she does not have any answer to that.

***********

Nishitha, Siddharth, Nandini, and Manik are seated at the dining table, eating the paratha that Nandini made for breakfast.

Although Manik had first made a fuss, wanting his usual toast and juice, his mother had refused to give in, wanting him to eat the breakfast made by his wife.

And now, as he has been taking the bites of paratha, he feels thankful to his mother for forcing him to eat this tasty paratha.

But he still keeps a stoic face, not wanting anyone to know he is enjoying the breakfast.

"Umm, I wanted to tell something to you, Mom and Dad," Manik starts, and Nandini looks at him.

She knew he was going to tell his parents about her working in his office.

"Yes, Manik? What do you want to tell?" Nishitha asks.

"Actually, Nandini is thinking of doing a job, and since my assistant is going on maternity leave soon, I offered Nandini that position. So, she will also be joining our office starting the next week. I hope you two do not have any problem with that."