Chapter 20

Manik

"Why am I not happy? I succeeded in destroying them. So, why am I not content with it?" I bang on the table, flinging the paperweight across the room.

The paperweight hit the mirror on the wall, shattering it into pieces.

Walking toward it, I stood before those pieces and looked at my angry face reflecting through the mirror.

As per my plan, the international clients canceled their deal with Raghav's company, due to which it went bankrupt. Initially, I had planned to take over the company, but later I changed my mind, not wanting to take any part of Raghav's life.

After destroying him, I wanted to cut him off entirely from my life, which is what I did. I completely ghosted him, neither receiving his calls nor replying to his texts. I also told the guards at home and office never to let Raghav enter any of those premises again.

I only sent him one text after the news of his bankruptcy went public.

"Manik Sisodiya always pays his dues."

That one text was enough to make Raghav realize who destroyed him and why.

After that, there were no more texts or calls from Raghav.

Then, a week back, another company took it over, and Raghav is now just an employee in that company-all his dedication and hard work in the hands of others.

And Myra, well, as I expected, left Raghav when she heard the news of his bankruptcy. I still remember when she came running to me a few days back, telling me how terribly she missed me.

"Manik, I never loved Raghav. He seduced me in that hotel room," Myra said, tears pouring out her eyes.

'Fake tears,' I thought, looking at Myra in disgust.

"Oh, really? Ok, let's assume that's true for a moment," I said, walking toward her. "But please tell me, what the fuck were you doing with him in a hotel room in the first place? Actually, this is the same hotel room. Do you remember?"

I specifically booked this hotel room and called her here because I wanted to end everything in the place where the betrayal started.

Myra frowned for a few seconds, looking around the room, and gasped when the realization hit her. She then looked at me and gulped, peering at my stern face. "H..he sent me a text, Manik. The text said you passed out while drinking and were unconscious in the room. So, worrying about you, I quickly went to that hotel and that room."

"Do you really think I am that dumb? Or are you that dumb to think I would believe your lies?" I asked her.

I simply could not believe she was the girl I loved at one point. 'How blind was I to not see through her fakeness?'

"Please believe me, Manik. I am telling the truth. Please," she whined, and I closed his eyes in irritation.

Suddenly Nandini's face flashed beneath my closed eyelids, and I thought about how dignified she was-never complaining about what happened to her-never compromising her self-respect.

'Nandini is so different.' I smiled at the thought, but my eyes widened the very next moment.

'Why am I thinking about Nandini?' I shook my head to clear my thoughts. I needed to deal with Myra first.

"Hmm, when I opened the door that day, I saw you sitting on his lap and kissing him. So, tell me, Myra, were you doing that because you were 'worried' about me?" I taunted her. "Was it your love for me that prompted you to jump onto another man's lap?"