Chapter 34

Manik

I frown, looking at the commotion outside the washroom.

The venue’s staff looked anxious and they were murmuring few things urgently in hushed tone while repeatedly pointing toward the washroom.

Wondering why they were doing so, I walk to the manager of the venue, recognizing him from the meeting I had with him regarding the arragements for the ball.

“Is something the matter, Mr. Pratap? Why is there such a commotion here?” I ask, frowning when he looks nervously at me.

“We have a situation, Mr. Sisodiya,” he tells me, his stance fidgety. “Actually there has been a mishap in the female washroom.”

I stiffen when I hear that.

Nandini was in the washroom. Is this mishap the reason why she has not come out yet?

“What kind of mishap?” I question the manager, wanting to know.

“Umm, S-sir, ac-actually, the th-thing—”

“Say it clearly, Pratap. What is the matter?” I interrupt his stuttering, getting frustrated by it.

Pratap takes a second to calm himself, but nervousness still is at large in his demeanor.

“One of our waiters say that they saw your date being carried away by a man. He recognized her because he had seen her enter the venue with her earlier. He says she was wearing a blue dress and a rub—”

“WHAT THE HELL?” I fume at the manager. “Who the fuck saw her being carried away? And why the fuck did they not stop it? Where is Nandini?”

Pratap cowers seeing my anger, but immediately starts speaking when he sees me about to shout again.

“The waiter saw them carrying her to the parking lot. And he did try to stop them, but was hit by someone on the back of his head.

“When he came to us, his head was bleeding, but he managed to tell us everything before passing out.

“He has been taken to the nearby hospital for the treatment and we have already called the police and reported the incident, Sir. They will be here any moment.”

“How long ago was this?” I ask, trying my best to think properly in this situation.

Losing my calm and shouting in anger will not return Nandini to me. I need to be smart and think logically at this crucial time.

“The waiter told us about this around ten minutes back, Sir.”

“Why the hell was I not informed about it?” I ask, barely controlling my anger.

If the waiter saw them ten minutes back, they must have already drove away from the parking lot. They will not risk hanging around, especially after someone saw them there.

“We were waiting for the police, Sir,” Pratap replies. “We thought we would let you know about it once the police arrives.”

“Are you fucking serious right now, Pratap? If you had told me, I would have immediately put my men into getting hold of Nandini,” I say, taking out the phone to call the commissioner.

***********

“What the fuck is happening right now?” I pace the ballroom, angrily looking at the commissioner and the other officers gathered there.

Mom and Dad have also arrived and they too have been making calls along with me, trying our best to find who took Nandini and where she is now.

“It has been three hours already since you all arrived here and sent out a search party, but there has been no news about her,” I say, my frustration rising with each passing second.