The Scars...

1 week later...

Dan's POV

I was inside my regular class when a paper hit the back of my head, I looked back to see Jemma pointing at the paper. I grabbed it up and sat normally, I hid it under my desk and read it.

Note

Dan, there's something James and Justin have never told you it may make you feel a little sad but someone needs to tell you! I can't just let them keep hiding this from you. James has §<₩Ω[§Ω€¿Г[§

I was about to read the secret but it was all scrubbed off, I looked at my hands and they were all covered in pen ink. I grabbed another piece of paper and wrote,

Note

All the ink is all over my hands right now tell me later...

I threw it behind me and just wrote stuff down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
James's POV

It was lunch and out of the corner of my eye I saw Dan and Jemma talking about something, I got up about to go over there but Dan came to me and sat back down. When he came over it looked like he was mad and sad at the same time, he sat down and looked at me.

Dan: You Have Powers?! And You Never Told Me!!

James: Dan calm down, I didn't tell you for a good reason ok

Dan: What reason? There doesn't seem like there is any good reason for not telling your first friend about something this important!!!

James: I wasn't allowed to tell you or anyone basically

Dan calmed down

Dan: What? You weren't allowed to tell me?

James: My parents...

I explained everything to him, but he didn't look too okay with what my parents told me. He looked like he was gonna kill them.

Dan: WhAt!!! Why would they? How could they even say that to you? That has to be illegal!

James: This is why I couldn't tell you now your gonna want to do something about it.

Dan: Of course, I want to do something about it! They aren't allowed to threaten you! It doesn't matter if you are their kid that's not ok!!

James: Dan you can't do anything about this, no one can ... all of my friends tried to do it before I met you guys, and I helped but nothing ever worked. And it made it even worse.

Dan: I just don't want to see scars on you!

James: you won't see it I've hidden it before...

Dan: What? You...

He pulled my hoodie down to reveal scars all over my face, I pulled my hoodie back up immediately and hid my face, Dan looked at me very concerned.

Dan: What did they do to you?

James: This is why I hide it.

Dan: What Did They Do To You?!

Dan looked mad at seeing all of my scars, he started to breathe slowly and steadily to calm himself. He looked back at me very concerned, the same way my old friend David looked at me when I told him.

Flashback

It was the middle of summer, I was playing with my friend David when I teleported in front of him.

David: You Can Teleport awesome dude!!

James: (This is bad) Uhh... Yeah, I can teleport it's cool and fun to do!

David: Why did you never tell me?

James: Uhh... No reason let's just keep playing

David: No tell me why!

James: No reason c'mon let's just continue playing

I wanted to stop the conversation as soon as possible, but he kept on asking until I had to tell him.

James: Fine fine... I didn't tell you because...

I finally told him the whole story and he looked like he wished he never asked in the first place. He brought down my hoodie and looked very scared.

David: What The Heck!! They Did That To You!! That's gotta be so traumatic for your mental state!

I pulled my hoodie up as my parents called me inside, I didn't want to leave my friend but I had to, he shook his head.

David: You can't go back there! You need to stay here with me so this never happens again!

They called me again, I yelled back to them that I'll be there in a minute.

James: I can't stay here that just isn't gonna work ok... I just have to go bye David

David: Bye James... Also, stop calling me David, I told you to call me Squid!

I left his house giggling and went back into my house...

End of Flashback

Dan: I think you should stay at my house for a while

James: I can't they'll still find me at some point

Dan: But it'll buy you some time to have a somewhat normal childhood, you know without trauma

James: Yeah but it would get me in a lot of trouble

Dan looked at me with the most concerned look, the bell rang and I got up before I could head to class Dan hugged me, and I hugged him back which made me feel safe. We let go of each other and headed off to class.