Was everyone right?

Dan's POV

I was in my room thinking of a way to help James out of his dilemma I even called him but, he didn't pick up, I called him two more times but no answer, I just stopped trying after a while.

I had been sitting in my chair for at least an hour, just writing things that could help and scribbling out everything else.

There were so many scribbles that I could barely fit anything else on the paper, about 20 minutes later I heard my phone ring, I grabbed my phone hoping it was James calling back, but no it was Maddy.

Dan: Hey Maddy how are you?

Maddy: I'm good how are you, Dan?

Dan: *Sad* Fine...

Maddy: Are you sure you don't sound Fine?

Dan: Y-yeah I'm sure

Maddy: Don't lie to me, Daniel!

As soon as I heard my full name I couldn't speak it was like hearing my name being said had a weird effect on me.

Dan: Uhh...

Maddy: Dan please tell me what's wrong~!

Dan: I-I can't tell you what's wrong

Maddy: Why can't you?

Dan:U-uhh I can't tell you because... Uhm

Maddy: You know what, it's fine don't tell me to talk to you tomorrow

Dan: Bye Maddy

She hung up and I felt defeated, I couldn't believe what just happened. I shook it off and went to bed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day...

I was on my way to class, daydreaming like usual when I bumped into someone,

Dan: Sorry let me help you

???: Thanks

I grabbed most of their stuff from off the ground, I handed it to him they grabbed it. We started walking to class together.

Dan: Sorry about that whats your name?

Squid: My name is David, But I don't like it so you can Squid. Also, it's not your fault I wasn't paying attention.

Dan: I wasn't paying attention either...

Squid: Oh well what's your name?

Dan: I'm Dan!

Squid: Your Maddy's boyfriend??

Dan: Yeah...

Squid: She's not a good person you know

Dan: Why do so many people think she's a bad person? She's not! (Except for when she was mad at me)

Squid: do you know anything about her besides her name?

Dan: Uhh well... Not really

We stopped at my class I looked at him awkwardly,

Squid: Well this is all you need to know, if you don't know much about her then you know nothing about her. Just think about it for a while and you'll agree with me.

I nodded, and he smiled and left, I went into my class and sat down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After school...

I was in my room sitting at my computer.

Dan: (What do I know about her?)

I was thinking about everything that I knew about Maddy, but I only knew a little bit about her. I was still thinking when my phone rang I grabbed it and looked at who it was. I kinda still hoped it was James, but it wasn't it was Maddy again...

Dan: Hi Maddy!

Maddy: Hi Dan where are you right now?

Dan: I'm home right now, why?

Maddy: No reason just asking

Dan: Well I gotta do my homework so talk to you later ok?

Maddy: Ok Bye Dan!

I hung up happy that I didn't talk to her for long, I started to do my homework. After a while, I called James again but he still didn't answer, I tried a few more times but nothing and I didn't see him all day today, I think he's avoiding me. It made me a little upset but I shook it off and continued doing my homework.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7 hours later...

I was on my computer let's just say 'writing', and while I was doing that I heard a noise from the other side of my door, it was 10:00 PM everyone was supposed to be sleeping.

I opened my door a bit but no one was there, I went out of my room a little scared since all of the lights were off. I went to the living room but there was no one there either, I sighed in relief I headed back to my room but I heard a crash come to the kitchen, I ran toward the kitchen but I was too late whoever was there escaped.

I turned on the light and saw glass shattered on the floor, and the window opened I looked out the window and saw something on the floor but I knew I couldn't go out and get it.

I closed the window and cleaned the glass, as soon as I was done the lights started to flicker on and off until they fully turned off. I ran to my room closed my door and went to my bed, I went to sleep still very scared.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Next Day...

I was still a little jumpy from what happened last night. I remembered what I saw out the window and went to get it but it was gone, I left for school.

Maddy: Hi Dan!

I flinched and looked at Maddy that was embarrassing.

Dan: Hi Maddy...

Maddy: What's wrong?

Dan: Uhh... Nothing really

Maddy: Dan?

Dan: Fine someone broke into my house last night I don't know who it was but they're gone now I think...

Maddy: W-why would someone break into your house?

Dan: I don't know my mom doesn't have any valuables and they didn't come into my room or my sisters I hope, but I have no idea what they wanted. But it's fine they left so I hope they won't come back.

Maddy: Why weren't you sleeping?

Dan: Uhh...

Maddy: Well?

Dan: I was on my computer most of the night.

Maddy: You know that you can't keep doing that right?

Dan: Yeah I know...

The conversation ended when the teacher came in and Maddy went to her seat. I was still trying to think what I know about her, but she was so sweet that I couldn't think of anything wrong with her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maddy's POV

It was free time and I was talking to my 'friend', when I saw James out of the corner of my eye he was watching us, I looked over at him and he ran away, I went back to talking with them.

Nelly: So Did you get it?

Maddy: Yup!

I pulled out a few of Dan's favorite Pokemón cards and handed them to Nelly, she took them and hid them...