Am I ready?

Squids POV

School...

I was in the hall when I saw James, Justin, and Dan, I went up to them and Dan seemed to be freaking out a little.

Squid: What's wrong?

James: Dan doesn't want to do the talent show-

Justin: Even though we signed him up for it

Dan: I never asked you guys to sign me up! You just did it without asking me first!!

Squid: Whoa calm down, Dan why don't you want to do the talent show?

Dan: *calms down* Because I have to go on a stage in front of the whole school

Justin: It's not that bad, besides all your doing is playing your guitar for a few minutes.

Squid: That is true but he still has to do it in front of a lot of people

Dan: That is not easy! I don't have self-confidence plus I might chicken out at the last second.

Justin: You won't chicken out if we're there!

Squid: That's pretty hard Dan but Justin's right if we are there then we can help you!

Dan: But it's still a lot of people watching me...

James: I know but it's not like its the whole world its just one school

Dan: Your right... Thanks, guys

Dan hugged all of us, it was nice having a friend group.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dan's POV

At Home...

I had to continually practice my song, but I was still really nervous about having to perform in front of a crowd. I shook it off, trying to continue my practice session, I kept stopping in between, thinking about all of the people that will be watching me. I decided to go to sleep and try to forget about the talent show.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dan's Dream...

I can do this, right...? I walk out on stage and look at the crowd of people, my heart pounding and I can barely stand straight, I look backstage and don't see my friends. They said they would help me where are they?

I look back to the quiet crowd, and I can... I can... I can't do it! I run off the stage, I can hear the crowd laughing and making fun of me. I keep running until I reach home, I run into my room and lock the door, I still can hear them laughing at me, Stop Stop Stop!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Normal Time...

Dan: *sleep talk* no no no...

I jumped up, and started breathing in and out heavily, after a while, I calmed down a little and checked the time.

Dan: 2 AM great...

I flopped back onto my bed, I tried to fall asleep again, but I could still hear their laughter, I covered my ears hoping it would go away, but it only made it louder.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Next Day...

I was super tired since I didn't sleep at all after that dream, and I could still hear the laughter. I shook my head a little and tried to pay attention.

James: *Whisper* Dan are you okay you look tired, did you sleep well last night?

Dan: *Whisper* Y- yeah I slept well last night...

James: *Whisper* Did you have a nightmare?

Dan: *Whisper* n- no I'm fine

James: *Sigh*Was it about the Talent show?

I looked down at the ground.

James: Why didn't you just tell me?

Dan: Because it's embarrassing...

James: We can talk at lunch, will you be ok?

Dan: Yeah I'll be fine...

I looked back to the front of the board and started writing things down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lunch...

Before I went to the cafeteria I walked into the bathroom and poured cold water on my face, I looked in the mirror.

Dan: I look like a mess...

I fixed my hair a little and left off to my locker, I grabbed my lunch from my locker and went to the cafeteria. I sat down next to James and Justin, I started to eat slowly, I could faintly hear people making fun of me in the back of my head.

James: Dan are you nervous about the talent show?

Dan: ha he what gave it away...?

James: The fact that you are super tired, and you had a nightmare about it

Justin: You had a nightmare about the talent show?

Dan: N- no...

James: Why do you need to lie? You had a nightmare you don't need to lie about that...

Dan: It's embarrassing plus someone might hear and make fun of me...

James: Why do you think that? No one is gonna make fun of you, and no one can hear us

I heard laughter and kids making fun of me again but it was louder than last night, I looked around frantically just to see people laughing at me, I rubbed my eyes and everything went back to normal.

Justin: Dan?

Dan: Huh?

Justin: What happened?

Dan: everyone was laughing at me, I- I could see them and they still are. Stop Stop!

James: Dan no one laughing at you

I looked around but no one was laughing, I couldn't even hear anyone making fun of me or laughing anymore.

Dan: They were tho

Justin: We didn't see anyone laughing at you, no one even looked over here

Dan: *Stutter* But I swear I heard-

James: You must've been hearing things

I looked around again, but James was right no one was laughing, I shook my head and looked back at them, and sighed.

Dan: I guess your right...

Justin: What was the dream even about?

Dan: It was about me going out on stage, I was super nervous and I looked backstage and you guys weren't there, I knew I couldn't do it so I ran off stage and everyone was laughing and making fun of me.

Even explaining the dream made me feel nervous all over again, I began to hear the Laughter again, and I covered my ears to make them stop. James pulled my hands off my ears, I looked at him.

James: It's okay, no one laughing at you

Justin: Plus we will be there, don't worry alright?

Dan: B- But what if you guys aren't there, what if you guys-

Justin: Were gonna be there, we won't let you embarrass yourself

I felt a little better, I smiled at both of them and hugged them, I was so happy.