The Talent Show

Dan's POV

It was Thursday I had one day left to practice my song, James, Justin, and Squid said that I didn't have to practice since I was practicing nonstop all week. I just didn't want to mess up at all, and I was still very nervous, I didn't even know if I was gonna go to the talent show or not.

I sat down on my bed, grabbed my guitar, and started practicing again, someone knocked on my door, I put my guitar down and opened the door, James walked into my room, I closed my door, sat back down on my bed, and started practicing again.

James: Are you still practicing??

Dan: Yeah I want to be perfect

James: No one is perfect Dan

Dan: I know but I want to be as close to perfect as I can be, why are you here anyways?

James: Well I wanted to calm you down, and tell you to stop practicing your already perfect you don't need any more practice

I put my guitar down, James sat down next to me and I felt nervous about tomorrow. I grabbed my guitar and started practicing to calm my nerves, I felt better when I was playing guitar. James grabbed it from my hands and put it next to him.

James: Why are you practicing so much? What's wrong?

Dan: I'm just really nervous about tomorrow and practicing helps me...

James: You don't need to practice so much just to calm down

Dan: It just helps me that all... I don't even know if I'm gonna go to the talent show

James: You have to go I want to see you play in front of a crowd!

Dan: I guess I'll go but I'm still nervous...

James: It's okay to be nervous but when it's over you'll feel much better.

I smiled at him.

Dan: Thanks, James...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
School...

I was the last person to be performing, I was super nervous. Before I went to the theater for the show I had to get some fresh air, so I went outside to clear my head. It felt good knowing that I can go do the show, I was about to head inside but someone said something to me that made me stop.

???: You know you can't do it just give up

I turned around but no one was there, I started to walk inside again but the voice said it again.

???: Just Give up already! You know your gonna mess up and then chicken out! So Just Give Up!!

I wanted to ignore it but I knew they were right, I knew I couldn't do it, I wanted to just run home but something was stopping me. I stopped trying after a while and just went inside.

???: Why are you gonna try!! Your Just Gonna Fail!!

Dan: (I- I'm not gonna Fail!!)

I headed towards the Theater, I stopped at the door that said "Back Stage" I stared at the name for a bit, before taking a deep breath and heading inside. I saw so many people practicing their Talent with their friends, I went over to Justin, James, and Squid, and I heard the voice again it was super annoying at this point.

???: They're gonna leave you behind, and your gonna get made fun of and laughed at so Just Give Up!! Stop Thinking Your Gonna Succeed!! Cuz You Not You Are Going To Fail!!

Dan: (I'm Not Gonna Fail!!)

I Ignored the voice as best as I could and headed over to them and started talking about the Show.