I should've listened to them!!

Dan's POV

I was walking toward my next class when I saw Maddy with some random girl, I hid nearby listening in on their conversation. I couldn't hear much but I did hear something that broke me a little, Maddy was the one who broke into my house. I couldn't believe what I was somewhat hearing, I was really sad about everything I had heard.

I walked away from Maddy, I felt like crying but I sucked it up and sat down at my desk ignoring all the stares I got from my classmates. Before I went home I went to the park and sat by myself under a tree listening to music, I was trying not to get mad at Maddy but it wasn't working without the music blocking out everything. I was still listening to music when someone came up to me and took one of my headphones out, I looked to see who it was.

Dan: Squid?

Squid: Hi Dan, why do you look so sad?

Dan: Uhh... I- nothing I'm fine

I was talking coldly to him, I wish I wasn't but it just happened, I looked away from him and put my headphone back in, he sat down next to me and grabbed my phone, and paused my music. I looked at him angrily, I took off my headphones and looked down to the ground, it was all coming back to me what Maddy had done, I felt a tear escape my eye I wiped it away. Squid lifted my head to look at him.

Squid: Dan? why are you sad? Did Maddy-

Dan: No she- I- Nothing's wrong just leave me alone, please...

Squid: It's obvious something is wrong, she did something didn't she?

Dan: No Nothing Happened Just Leave Me Alone!

I clenched my fist I stopped after a while but I was still mad, I don't know why I was mad I just was. I grabbed my phone from him, turned my music back on, and put my headphones on, he took my headphones out and another tear escaped I wiped it furiously.

Squid: What Did She Do???

Dan: Nothing Just- Ugh!

Squid: Dan?

Dan: Just Please go away...

Squid: No I want to help you

Dan: You- No one can help me okay?

I got up and started walking away, I put my headphones back on just ignoring everything. I soon reached home, I walked to my room locked my door, and sat down to do my homework. ten minutes later and I heard the front door open, Amanda was talking to someone I ignored it until I heard a knock on my door, I opened my door and saw Squid looking at me straight in my eyes. I was about to close my door but he walked in before I could. I sighed closing my door. I turned to look at him.

Squid: Dan, what did she do?

Dan: I- Nothing-

Squid: Dan I know we just met but you can trust me okay? I know how Maddy is, So what Did She Do?

Dan: I want to trust you but I don't know if I can...

Squid: It's ok if you don't fully trust me yet but you can tell me what she did to make you so upset!

Dan: S-She broke into my house and stole something that matters to me...

Squid: What? She did do that? That is way too far!!

I looked down to the ground crying a little, every time I thought about it I felt betrayed and like I was wrong for trusting her, I sat down on my bed crying into my hands. Squid sat next to me and comforted me, after a minute I got up grabbed my phone and headphones, and put music on, I was about to put my headphones in, and when Squid grabbed them and put them down on my desk, he looked at me.

Squid: Dan I know you're sad- upset right now but you can't just drown it out with music!

I knew he was right, but that was my best solution for anything that made me sad, just to drown it out with the sound of music until it went away.

Dan: I know your right, but I don't know I feel like drowning it out is a good idea...

I grabbed my phone and headphones again but, Squid grabbed them from my hands and put them in his pocket.

Squid: I know it may feel like a good idea but it isn't, I tried it myself but after a while, I just stopped and confronted my feelings head-on, after I did I felt so much better.

Dan: That might not work for me I- I don't think its gonna work if I tried to confront my feelings

Squid: I thought the same thing at some point, but it worked for me so it might work for you too.

Dan: I- I don't think it will work, can you give me my phone and headphones back, please?

Squid: Fine

He put them down on my desk again, I looked at them but didn't grab them, I looked back at Squid.

Squid: See doesn't it feel better not drowning it out?

I looked back at my phone, looked back at him, and stepped away from my desk, I sighed and sat on my bed.

Dan: Y- Yeah it does sorta...

Squid: See it works perfectly fine

His phone went off he looked.

Squid: I gotta go sorry Dan see you tomorrow ok?

Dan: Ok see ya!

He left my room I grabbed my phone and put it on my shelf I went to my desk and continued working. 3 hours later, I was sitting on my bed I had just stopped playing on my computer, I grabbed my phone and thought about what Squid had said, I put my phone back and I felt a little better than I did earlier. I soon lay down and fell asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day...

I was eating lunch when I saw James and Justin, they were talking in the back of the cafeteria...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Justin's POV

I was about to sit next to Dan and eat lunch, but James pulled my arm to the back of the cafe.

James: I need to talk to you

Justin: Why now?

James: It's better than after school, anyways I need to tell you something...

Justin: What?

I was a little annoyed but super curious to know what he wanted to tell me.

James: Maddy stole something from Dan a couple of days ago, I think he knows but that is bad who knows what else she'll do to Dan?

Justin: What?! First, I knew it!! Second, That is so messed up, and your right who knows what she'll do to Dan next we need to protect him as best as we can!

James: You have to I'm not on the best terms with Dan right now

Justin: What do you mean?

James: Well, Jemma told Dan I have powers and I told him everything, but now he wants to help me by hiding me in his house, I don't think that's a good idea so I've been avoiding him so he doesn't ask me any more questions, or give me any more suggestions...

Justin: Oh ok so I have to help him all by myself?!

James: If you try then yeah it should work... also he has his sister to protect him too so you won't be on your own

I sighed and nodded in response, I left him by himself and sat down next to Dan, and started eating while talking to him...