Am I Safe?

Dan's POV

Justin was talking to me while I was playing with my food, I wasn't really hungry, and I think he noticed.

Justin: Dan you ok? you're not eating or talking

Dan: Yeah I'm good just not that hungry...

Justin: You sure you are good?

I started to get annoyed and snapped back at him in a harsh way.

Dan: I'm Fine! Stop Asking!

He looked at me, I got up threw away my food, and went to my locker, I grabbed my phone and headphones, and I hesitated before putting them in and listening to music. I closed my locker and leaned against it.

I was still listening when the bell went off, I opened my locker put my phone and headphones back closed my locker, and headed to class. I was walking to my next class when Maddy came up to me, I didn't want to talk to her at all but I guess I had to.

Maddy: Hey Dan!

Dan: Hey Maddy

I was trying to sound happy but I was failing, she looked at me very 'concerned'.

Maddy: Dan are you ok?

Dan: Yeah I'm fine! I'm trying to get to class so can you leave, please?

Her facial expression changed from 'happy' to mad.

Maddy: Fine Then I'll Go!!

She left and I continued to walk to class.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After school...

I was walking home when Squid ran up to me, I smiled weakly at him, and he started walking with me, and I looked down.

Squid: I see you're taking my advice

Dan: Y- Yeah, it's hard though

Squid: It may feel hard but it isn't, if you stop for at least a week it feels normal.

Dan: Yeah, it just feels hard I guess...

Squid: Yeah that's normal to feel when getting over it.

We stopped at my house we waved goodbye and he left off to his house. I went to my room and grabbed my homework from my backpack. I grabbed my phone and headphones and put them on the shelf like yesterday, after 10 minutes I was done, I sat at my desk and looked at my shelf, I wanted to just listen to music and drown out all of my emotions, I stopped myself from grabbing my phone and I just went on my computer to play Minecraft.

I was still playing when my phone went off I ignored it for a while until I couldn't take the noise anymore, I took my headphones off and grabbed my phone, Justin has been texting me for the past 5 minutes I opened messenger and read the last few thing's he sent me.

Justin: Dan why aren't you texting back?

Justin: Dan are you ok?

Justin: Dan text me please I want to make sure you're ok

I texted him back so he would stop worrying about me so much, I turned my phone off and put it back on my shelf, and I went back to playing Minecraft. After an hour I went to bed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next day...

I was walking to my last class when Justin ran up to me, I stopped walking so he could catch his breath.

Justin: *Stuttering* Maddy ... Did ... Something!

Dan: Woah catch your breath and calm down what did she do?

He caught his breath and told me that she beat up James, he had to stop her before she did real damage to him when I heard what she had done I started to breathe fast.