I like Jemma

Dan's POV

Next Week...

I was super tired, I didn't get much sleep the past few days. I got out of bed and did my routine, I walked to school, but before I got to school I went to the park to clear my head, I sat down on a bench near the playground.

I looked up and saw Jemma sitting down on the swings all by herself, she looked like she needed someone to talk to, so I went up to her and sat down on the other swing.

Jemma: Oh hi Dan what are you doing here?

Dan: I'm here to clear my mind, you?

Jemma: Same, I haven't been getting a lot of sleep lately, I don't know why tho

Dan: Me either, it's really weird and I hate it

Jemma and I were telling each other funny stories to cheer each other up for a few minutes, I didn't want to stop until I looked at the time.

Dan: (Shoot we're gonna be late should I tell her?)

Jemma: And then me and my mum got there just to see-

Dan: (She seems so happy I don't want to stop her, I just hope we're not gonna be too late)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ten Minutes Later...

I smiled as she kept on talking about her life, it was so nice having time when she could talk and I could just sit there and listen, I looked back at my phone for a second.

Dan: (We're a little late but I don't want to interrupt her, maybe a little longer then I'll tell her)

I put my phone down again and looked up at her, she smiled in the cutest way at me, and my face turned a light shade of red. She looked so pretty, I could barely hear her from the sound of my heart pounding in my chest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another Ten Minutes...

I wasn't even listening to her at this point, I was lost in her gorgeous brown eyes.

Jemma: Dan, I think we're a little late we might wanna get going now

Dan: ... Huh? Oh yeah

I snapped out of my trance and we both ran to school. When we got to class I was out of breath, after I caught my breath, we walked inside in the middle of the lesson, Jemma was gonna say something but the teacher just told us to sit down. We both sat down, I looked back at Jemma her smile lit up the room.

Teacher: Ahem!

I turned back around and started to pay attention.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lunch...

I sat down next to James and Justin, a few minutes later and we were talking about nonsense. Jemma walked up to us and I couldn't stop looking at her, she sat down next to me and my stomach had butterflies.

Jemma: Hey Guys!

Justin: Hey Jemma what's up!

Jemma: Nothing much just tired honestly...

James: Didn't get much sleep?

Jemma: Nah not really, anyways what were you guys talking about?

Justin: Oh nothing important

James nudged my shoulder and I came back to reality, my stomach still had butterflies, and I could barely speak.

Jemma: Dan you okay?

Dan: uh Y- yeah

I laughed nervously. They started talking and I was listening like always.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At The Park...

I was sat down on the swings by myself, I was scrolling through my phone, when I looked up and I saw Jemma, she was wearing a cute purple Jumper and some light blue trousers, she waved over to me I waved back shyly, she came towards me and sat down on the open swing, butterflies formed in my stomach.

Jemma: So what are you doing here?

Dan: Uh, N- nothing I'm just b- bored

Jemma: Why are you stuttering?

Dan: N- no reason, uh I gotta go sorry bye Jem

I started to get up when I noticed what I had called her, my heart skipped a beat.

Jemma: What did you call me?

Dan: I- I'm sorry I didn't mean to-

Jem: It's okay I like it bye Dan

Dan: B- Bye...

I started running home, I opened the door and ran straight into my room.

Dan: What's going on with me? Why am I acting like this around Jem? I mean Jemma!

I paced around my room. I was thinking about everything that happened today from beginning to end. Then it clicked.

Dan: I like Jem, but that doesn't make sense, I've known her for a while and I've never had these feeling's for her before. Except for the beginning of the school year, when we first started to get to know each other, I thought that would have gone away by now, why would these feelings be coming back so unexpectedly?

I sat down on my bed. I couldn't think of the words to describe how many emotions I had inside of me, I flopped down and tried my best to get some sleep.