Chapter 3

And that's when everything started.

"I always saw you with a guy. Is he your new friend?" Riki asks, sipping on his coffee. "Should I get jealous?" he joked.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Jealous? Why would you? Do you like me?" I tease him.

Riki almost choke on his drink upon hearing what I said. I burst out laughing when I saw his face. "Gross!" I said while pointing to his face. He glared at me.

His face became serious and he stared into my eyes. "What if... I say yes?" I stopped laughing because of what he said.

"You can't be serious," I whispered, avoiding his gaze.

There was silence but not long enough I heard Riki's laugh.

"Do you think I like you? Hell, no!" He said then he laughed again but it doesn't sound like he was happy. I don't know maybe I was just overthinking.

"Hi," a deep voice caught my attention. I turn around and saw Jay looking so good in his blue blouse and black jeans partnered with leather boots.

He looks like a freaking model.

"Jay! What are you doing here?" I asked in surprise.

He glanced at Riki. "Oh! This is Riki, my best friend," I introduced him to Riki. They shake their hands and I saw how Riki tightened his grip on Jay's hand.

Am I the only one who could feel the tension between the two of them?