Chapter 29

After Riki's confession, I decided to go home. I don't know how to face Riki anymore. I feel sorry for him for being insensitive and ignorant of his feelings. He is one of the most important people in my life. And I know seeing me like this will just hurt him. Seeing me worrying about Jay, hurts him. I hope one day he'll find someone who truly deserves him because that person cannot be me. I only see him as a friend and a brother.

I cried and cried until I ran out of tears. I overthink a lot. Are we still okay?

It's been two weeks since that issue came out somehow the death threats stopped but every time I open my social media accounts I see a lot of hateful comments and some even sexualize me. I told myself not to mind it but it was directly engraved in my mind and it keeps on playing repeatedly. I am barely holding on to my sanity because anytime soon I can feel myself losing my mind and it's making me crazy.

I took out my phone and decided to lurk on social media again to find any news about Jay. But instead, I found something else. My hand trembled as I continued to scroll down reading the article about him and his other co-artist rumored to have a secret relationship. There were photos of them together at the Han River they were standing while he hugged her from behind.

It hurts like hell.

Tears swelled at the corner of my eyes. I took a deep breath to calm myself. I sat at the corner of my bed and stared at the door blankly.

Is it true?

I started to overthink, and questions kept running through my head. I don't want to believe that rumor but what if it's true? What will I do? How could he do that?... to me?

I was startled by the sound of my phone. I looked at it and saw him calling.

'Should I answer it?' I thought to myself.

In the end, I saw myself answering his call.

"Hello?" I whispered.

"Is this Jay's friend?" a woman's voice replied.

Who is she?

"Who are you?" I asked as my brow furrowed in confusion. "And why do you have his phone?" I added.

"Amari come here," I heard Jay's voice.

I felt a pang of pain in my chest when I heard what he said.

Is this girl Amari? His co-artist? The rumored girlfriend?

Why are they together? and why is she holding Jay's phone?

"Who are you calling?" I heard Jay ask. "Oh, your friend," Amari replied.

"Jay," I said, hoping that he'll hear me.

I heard a noise followed by Jay's cuss. "Fuck! Fuck!" then the call ended.

Tears poured out of my eyes. It hurt like a bitch.