Chapter 23

I was crying my heart out when my phone rang. Riki's calling. I sniffed and wiped my tears. I cleared my throat before answering his call. "Hey! You called." I made myself sound surprised and happy.

[Where are you?] He asks with a serious tone.

"At my apartment. Of course!" I laughed nervously.

[I'm at your apartment and you're not here. Stop lying, Won.] He is mad. Riki knows something. [I saw it. So please tell me where you are mhm... Please, Won.] And that's it. I cried so hard.

"R–Riks... It hurts," I said in between my sobs.  "W–We were f–fine. But h–how? w–why?" I cried and cried. Riki keeps on asking where I am and I told him that I am in Jay's apartment so he drove here to pick me up.

I was crying when the sound of the door caught my attention then the lights turned on. And there I saw him. Jay was also surprised to see me but much more surprised to see all the stuff that I prepared, the cake... the PS5... the candles that were already melted... the food that is already cold.

"W–Won..." guilt is visible in his voice. I stood up and went to the cake and lit the candle. Jay was just staring at me following my actions. I picked up the cake and went to him.

I gave him a small smile. "Happy 7th months, Love."

"W–Won, I—" I cut him off. I want to finish this before I couldn't stop myself from crying.

I bit my lower lip and smiled. "Shh... Let's blow the candle before it would melt."

Jay was still unsettled and vile. But he still listens to what I've said. We blew the candle together. I handed him the cake before turning my back on him getting all my things from the table and walking out without glancing at him. I reached the exit when he grabbed my arm. "W–Won. It was nothing."

That's it? It was nothing?

I cried again. I am not looking at him. I just can't right now.

"Won. Please..." I am not answering him and he looks pissed by it. "Damn it! Don't be so close-minded! I told you it was nothing!" He shouted making me cry even more. I hate it when someone yells at me. "Jay... You're hurting me." His grip tightens but as soon as he heard what I've said he immediately let go of my arm. "I–I'm sorry, Kitten." He looks scared while looking at me and my arm.

I was about to talk when someone grabbed Jay's collar and punched him the in the face. It was Riki. He is fuming mad. "Jackass." Riki cussed at Jay before turning to me and holding my hand.

A lot happened today... I'm tired.