Chapter 22

I am now preparing to go to Jay's apartment. Part of me is also excited that Jay might have prepared a surprise for me. I am looking forward to it. I am wearing a blue sweater with black trousers and white sneakers. I already texted Jay to know his location and he said he is somewhere. No specific place. I thought he wants to keep it a secret because it was a surprise so I didn't push to ask further questions.

I got into his place and all the lights are off meaning he is still not here and it was past 6 pm. I placed the cake on the table and I splattered rose petals on the door to the table where the cake and the PS5 are placed. I also prepared dinner for us although I just brought all of these but still, it was all of his favorites. I don't want to poison Jay with my cooking skills. I know he said my foods are tasty but I also know that he lied. White lies. He was just grateful.

I sat on the chair and waited for Jay to come. I waited.

and waited...

But no Jay come.

I almost fell asleep. The candles all melted. I checked my wristwatch and it was already midnight. I waited for 6 hours but no one came. My throat hurt from stopping myself from crying.

Maybe he was just busy? Or his schedule is full?

I keep on convincing myself that Jay might have a reason. I took out my phone when a notification popped up.

'J.prk posted a story'

prk posted a story'

My heart just stop. I checked if it was Jay's account or a fan account but it was his, the account is verified. My tears stream down my cheeks. Why would he post something like this? Who's this girl?

Do I deserve this?