Chapter 25

Jay has been very consistent in asking forgiveness. He will send a bouquet and chocolates outside my apartment. He will wait for me to open the door for him. Part of me already forgave him but I am still conflicted if whether I should talk to him or not. It's been a week and I have to admit that I missed him. On those days that we are not okay, I concentrated on my studies. I have lots of "Me time" which was great. I never thought that I would need that.

That gave me peace of mind.  Now I can say that I am ready to talk to him and listen to his reason. I'm in the right mind to understand and listen. Plus, I feel a little guilty every time I saw him outside patiently waiting for me. He also looks sad. Everyone deserves a second chance.

I was inside my apartment waiting for him. And when he finally arrived. I saw him holding a bouquet and a jar of ice cream. He didn't knock or anything. He just sat there waiting for me.

I took a deep breath before opening the door. Jay was startled by it and looked at me with wide eyes. His face lit up with hopeful eyes. He instantly stood up. "Kitten!" He exclaimed.

"Come in. Let's talk," I acted cold but I know deep within me I already forgave him. Jay nodded endlessly before handing me the flowers and Ice cream. "Thank you."

He sat on the couch. I went to the kitchen to put the ice cream inside the fridge then went out and sat near him... not beside him. There's a wide space between us. He looks unhappy but I didn't mind it. "So..." I said waiting for him to talk.

He cleared his throat before facing me. "I'm sorry," The first thing that came out of his mouth. "I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry for losing patience and for yelling at you. I know you hate that. That picture... I... I w–was drunk. I'm so sorry, Kitten... I know being drunk is not a valid reason but please forgive me. I won't do it again. I promise," He begs.

I know this is stupid of me for forgiving him for that reason. But what can I do? I love him and I don't want our relationship to break. I want to keep him and this relationship.

I inhaled sharply before smiling at him. "I– I understand," I said although my mind is shouting at me that it was stupid.

Jay hugged me tightly and so did I. I just missed him so much. "Thank you, baby. I promise. I will make it up to you." Kissing the side of my head.

But promises are meant to be broken they say.