Chapter 12

Things have been good these past few days. Jay and I got closer to each other and I can say that there is already something between us. We are more than friends but less than a lover. It's a no-label relationship.

Today is Saturday and I'm preparing to accompany Riki as planned. I wore a simple white shirt and denim pants with white sneakers. Riki texted me where to meet and Jay texted me that he had a shooting today. We always hang out here in my apartment in his free time.

I left my apartment and walk to the place where Riki told me to meet. It's near my apartment. "Riki!" I shouted when I saw him standing. He is wearing a black shirt with a metallic design, a leather jacket, and fitted leather jeans partnered with black boots. Damn! He looks like a rockstar! His hair is slick back with some loose strands on his forehead.

Riki waves his hand to me. "Looking good," he said as soon as I got near him.

"You're not so bad yourself." Bumping my shoulder on his.

We start walking down the main street when Riki held my arm and gently move me to the other side of the road. "So... How are you and Jay?" he asked.

"We're good. I don't know what relationship we have right now but... I am happy, Riks," I answered with a sincere smile. He stared at me. "I'm glad that you are."

"Do you like him that much?" There is something about his voice when he said that but I just shrugged it off. I stared into his eyes. "Oh, I already know the answer. Your face says it all," he said and chuckled which made me laugh also. "I'm rooting for both of you."

"Hey! Why are you saying stuff that! It feels like you're bidding goodbye," I laughed.

He didn't respond but he just gave me a small smile... it didn't even reach his eyes.

I hope I'm wrong.