Confession

"Is it me, or is the Reality Marble different?"

Really, it was more of a rhetorical question than anything. There was obviously a difference. There was no haze, embers. It was no longer a constant twilight but one with a backdrop of thicker, darker clouds in the sky. Clouds that gently rumbled with thunder.

"Do I need to explain this?" Archer rolled his eyes. "Reality Marble's are a representation of one's inner world. Even inherited, it's a representation of YOUR inner world. One that quite clearly is coming into its own."

"Oh." You said at the revelation.

"If there's one other thing I don't want you to inherit, let it be this. Do. Not. Be. Dense. Or rather don't just sit there."

"Okay. Okay. I'll figure something out." You said quickly.

"Good."

Timeskip

Something was off. This guy was just standing there on your path to Kuoh. Because of the shift in training, that meant morning sessions had to be intermittent on different days so as not to leave you spent and strained. But the effect of waking up early meant you were also getting to school early.

And this guy was never a student. No uniform, white hair and a serious demeanor. His eyes opened to look to yours. The energy felt familiar. It was not a Fallen Angel. It was in fact more like the dragon energy that Issei gave off.

"So we meet again, under less dire circumstances this time." He said.

"The Vanishing Dragon, I presume." You replied.

"That I am. My name is Vali. Do you know when the Red Dragon Emperor will arrive?"

You clenched your fists. "This is really not the time for a fight, Vali."

"You mistake my intentions." Vali rebuked, looking out to the streets. "I instructed him to grow strong to battle me one day. I would have severely underestimated him if he had improved that much in a short time."

"Speaking of fighting." He turned to you. "Wrought Iron Devil. Unlike the Sword Birth user, by your own admission, you create copies." That sentence alone confirmed he had also witnessed Unlimited Blade Works. "Using someone else's weapons, I admit at first glance, is something I find that irritating. A worthy opponent gets by on his own merits."

"This is what I've been given. And since I learned of it, I've been working to perfect it. Should I not be making do with what I have?" You retorted.

"No." The White Dragon admitted. "But now that I think further about it, being able to call upon any weapon and knowing what you need to win is a strength and merit in its own right. Knowledge, even borrowed, is still power. So what ranking do you suppose you have in power for this world?"

"How should I know?" You answered honestly.

"Do you at least believe you rank higher than the Red Dragon Emperor?"

"At the moment, yes." You specifically included that, knowing what Issei's potential still was higher that yours. It was simply a fact. "But power and strength are not the only things that matter. Sure it matters who's got the biggest stick, but it matters a hell of a lot more who swings it and how he does so."

Vali gave a dry chuckle. "I suppose you would make for an interesting opponent, (F/n) (L/n). Now if you will excuse me, I await a Dragon I wish to speak to."

"Will you be at the summit?" You asked.

"Obviously." And that was the end. You decided to keep walking in to the academy, but kept to a window on one of the stairways in a sniper position. Issei and the rest of the Peerage had made it and were confronting Vali outside.