Forge

The Phenex mansion, like the trains, had a number of differences from their Gremory counterparts. Unlike the grand mansion that was Gremory central, the Phenex structure was that of a castle. A castle with fire everywhere. And that meant EVERYWHERE. Any safety organization in the human world would have had this place shut down immediately.

Ravel met you and guided you to the entrance hall. Thankfully, the castle owners had enough sense to have a better control of fire. Well that was a given considering the potential fuel sources that decorated the hallways.

"Ah. There you are Ravel." A female voice spoke up from the main staircase. The woman in question shared the blonde hair of the Phenex members you had thus far encountered. In fact, she looked like what Ravel's appeared would be as an adult. With that information, your deductions said she was Ravel's mother.

This was confirmed by Ravel herself when she curtsied. "Hello Mother. May I present Lord (F/n) (L/n), Bishop of Rias Gremory. And this is my partner in war, Archer of Red, Gilgamesh ."

The named blonde said nothing, but locked eyes with the mother of the house.

"I see. Welcome Lord (L/n). I've heard much about you." Lady Phenex greeted as she approached, offering her hand.

(Author's Note: Yep. That's what she's called. No first name at all).

"Pleasure to meet you, Lady Phenex." You opted to kiss her hand like gentlemen of old. This was based on Ravel's default formality persona she had been exuding prior. The logical conclusion was her parents were more formal.

"Oh my. No wonder my daughter finds you appealing." Lady Ravel smiled.

"Mother!" Ravel blurted out while her cheeks flushed. Gilgamesh nodded in agreement with the mother's assessment.

"I must ask, what plans do you have for him, Ravel?" Her mother pressed on.

"I-uhhhhh." Ravel was at a loss for words instead. The scrutiny from Gilgamesh did not help her to rally.

"I see. Perhaps you can find time while I request the Wrought Iron Devil's assistance with my son." Lady Phenex said.

"Very well. Where is he?" You asked her.

"Holed up in his room, most likely." Ravel answered. "He'll usually run Rating Game simulations or asking others to play chess against him."

She motioned for you to follow her to the door to his room. She promptly knocked the door.

"Brother. You have a guest."

"Ravel? I don't want to see anyone today. I had another nightmare."

'Geez. Was it really that bad that he lost?'

'You forget that from his perspective, the game ended with a cursed spear in his abdomen and shoulder that rendered his power useless.' Archer pointed out.

"Brother, you're part of the House of Phenex!" Ravel shouted in frustration. "Come out, or so help me I'll burn the door down!"

Muffled footsteps could be heard from the other side. Riser had taken the bait, provided Ravel was not bluffing when she made that ultimatum.

"Ravel, I told you, I don't want to be disturbed! Who could possibly be so important-" He stopped when he opened the door, seeing who exactly was with his sister. His widened in terror.

"AHHHHHHHHHH! IT'S HIM!" He screamed. Riser promptly ran from the door and dove back into his bed. Then in the fashion of child, he drew the sheets over him as if that would shield him from sight. This was just sad.