New Faces

This was an irritating position to be in. The so called transfer students had made a point to arrange their seating around your area close to the window, as was the cliche position in anime. How did they pull this off? B Rank charisma made it easy.

Of course, this was for differing reasons. Since Xenovia was close by, that meant Irina would be close to her longtime friend, positioning to the right of you. And Saber had no trouble asking politely to take up the forward spot.

Why was this irritating? Because the other students would not stop staring! Even the teacher was not immune. It was either admiring looks towards Saber or, at least for the males, a death glare. Gilgamesh in contrast drew amusement at these antics.

Surprisingly, the only guy that did not do this was Issei himself. Perhaps it was because he believed their focus was on you, and it probably was. Or maybe it was due to knowing that Saber was off limits, lest he suffer your fury on Archer's behalf or Archer managed to take possession, in which case he would be a dead man breathing. And that was assuming he was not also factoring that an angry Servant was astronomically more dangerous.

And finally that period ended. The next course? Chemistry. And yet another surprise revealed itself.

"Morning, Mr. (L/n)." Azazel greeted with his trademark sly grin. He had ditched the robe for shirt, tie and jacket.

"Azazel?" You said. Issei, Asia and Xenovia, who had been following not too far behind, were equally blindsided. The other three females you knew on the other hand, showed no such reaction.

"I think you mean Azazel-sensei, right?" The Fallen Angel reminded you. "It's only natural I remain your teacher."

"Ok. But why chemistry?"

"The thing about my research is that you need to be very familiar with it, lest it end in an explosion." He explained. "You would know that considering summer school."

Right. Because you were presently in school, there had to be a facade between supernatural beings. And the best smokescreens in this case have a basis in truth. As it was the first day, the subject matter lay more on the side of expectations and the syllabus. In other words, boring. At least you could look forward to lunch break with Akeno.

Timeskip

But when physical education came up, someone else had other ideas from a syllabus.

"Here young conquerors! Gather here and now!"

'You're kidding me.' You groaned. But it was not a joke. In gym gear that allowed emphasis on his strong build, Iskandar urged all students, male and female alike, to gather around him. One could see Gilgamesh perched atop one of the trees looking on with a smirk.

"I understand that many of you have not seen my face before. Rest assured, this is not a mistake. You may call me Iskandar, and I have been temporarily assigned as your instructor for physical training." Iskandar elaborated. "So, perhaps we should begin an assessment of your prowess."

Issei looked like he wanted to die. Everyone else? Rider's charisma was in play in his next words.

"I shall split you into two factions, and you will partake in the glorious game: Capture the Flag! Let us bear witness to what your minds and bodies may achieve in conquest. Classes 3A thru C on one side. The others are the opposition. Any questions?"

No one answered. If anything, a good portion of the students welcomed this change of pace. You yourself agreed with the feeling. No boring expectations lecture. Straight to the fun stuff.

"Excellent! Go forth and conquer!"

Timeskip

And of course, one of the Servants who had a mentor role in the past had a teaching position as well.