Recovery

Despite your fatigue sadly, there was still some things that needed to be done. Perhaps the first thing to be done was see about Issei's condition. There was still something that you could contribute. With that in mind, you made your way to Issei's room. Still comatose, his left arm was covered not just by the gauntlet of the Boosted Gear, but the skin on his arm was wrong. It was scales on his arm. It would seem he paid a price for defeating Berserker.

Azazel, Scáthach, Iskandar, Rias, Xenovia and Asia were all present in the room as well. They turned to you.

"(Y/n)." Rias already had an idea why you showed up. Her eyes gave it away with a desperate hope. Her feelings may have been difficult for the object of her affections to understand, but you saw and understood just what kind of distress she was in.

"You plan to use it again, boy?" Iskandar asked.

"There's another alternative." You said in kind.

"Well, maybe." Azazel said, looking to Asia. You understood what he was hoping could save his student.

"Asia?" The named blonde turned to you, still in a state of detachment in her worry. "I see two ways to help him. I can use Avalon. The problem is that it only lasts so long."

"That's what happens when it's not the real thing, Master." Mordred remarked when she materialized in the doorway.

"I never said it was the real thing." You countered before turning back to Asia. "On the other hand, you're the one who can heal without restrictions."

"Umm." Asia looked around apprehensively. "Are you sure?"

"Avalon doesn't work so well with the brain. And he's comatose. There's limits to what even I can do. And in healing, you're my superior." You said, aiming to encourage her to act. "Issei needs you."

"Let's give them some privacy." Azazel commanded. Save for Iskandar, all of the visitors left the room. This was also the best non battlefield time to have a talk with a Knight of Rebellion.

"Mordred, we need to talk." You said to her. The Saber servant rolled her eyes.

"Is this the part where you try to get on my good side?"

"Perhaps there's a means to understand why, Mordred." Saber interjected, Irina with her.

"What do you mean, Father?"

"Father? But isn't Saber-"

"Irina, just don't." You cut her off. It was best not to open that can of worms.

"As I was saying, (F/n)?" Saber looked to you.

"Yeah?"

"I hunger."

You groaned. "Couldn't the Gremory servants do it, please?"

"No. Though I do not mean offense to our hosts, I doubt they can match your skills." Saber insisted.

'Our skills.' Archer corrected. In spite of that error, you felt compelled to do as she asked. Be it B rank Charisma or Archer's submissive disposition for Saber in this matter, you cursed both.

"Alright. I'll get something going immediately." You said, moving to the kitchens of the Gremory mansion. The advantage here would be that the mansion had more resources available.

"I'll let Grayfia know." Rias said with a small smirk despite her mood. She had heard from Akeno how demanding Saber could be with something so trivial for Servants. Said gossip made to follow you. She knew you would need help.

"Mordred, follow me. Today we feast as a court once more." Saber said to her "son" with a hand on the shoulder. Said person started at Saber. This was likely the first time she was addressed and treated this way. But it was safe to say that Saber had changed quite a bit since Camlann. It was likely that she believed it was better to acknowledge Mordred in some manner. As for the king business, that would be another matter.