Arrival

The train ride was going about as expected. And by that, you meant headphones were needed. Issei's friends were making a racket and not even hiding their out of control hormones. Gilgamesh, who was sitting beside you, similarly had headphones in and the best ones she had of course. Kuroka was nuzzled next to you on the opposite side, playing games on an Nintendo Switch. When Kiba approached your seats, you simply tapped your earbuds. He smirked and nodded. That was the trip in summary: just a train and headphones to block out the rest of the world.

Upon arrival, the students were taken to the hotel in which they would be staying. The luxury design seemed suitable for Gilgamesh, at least by modern standards. Ahead of the students upon entry were Azazel and Rossweiss, the "chaperones" flanking them. Those would be Scàthach and Iskandar. Saber was with Irina. Medea was already checked in.

"Okay listen up everyone. Rossweiss-sensei has an announcement."

"Thanks Azazel." She opened her eyes. "The Hundred Yen Shop is located underneath Kyoto Station! Go forth and save yourselves some money!"

'Wait, that's it?' You thought as she continued speaking, only to be drowned out. Was this not the part where the teachers give the usual briefing for a school trip in place of a thrift shop?

"Also stay out of trouble and all that jazz. She's gonna keep going so go on to your rooms." Azazel said. There it is. Taking the cue, you got your key and starting making your way upstairs. And Gilgamesh followed. Well with a lack of a key on her, that meant you would be rooming with her. The stairs went up to the top floor and you went down the hall until you were outside the door matching the number on the key. Upon opening it, you drew your breath.

It was the presidential suite of the hotel. That much was clear. The living space was as large as your house's post Gremory renovations, so too was the dining area. A door led to the equally large in scale bedroom, complete with a jacuzzi in the bathroom.

"Not what you expected Faker?" Gilgamesh smiled.

"No I was ready for a normal room and..... I guess I forgot I was with you Gilgamesh." You confided. She would expect nothing less.

"Hmmm. Of course this accommodation is as expected. When Lady Gremory was short of money, I stepped in. You are my treasured Faker and you shall receive the same luxuries as I." She said in a tone likely meant to be sweet by her standards. Well, you guessed having the Queen of Heroes as a love interest had its perks.

"Thanks." You said. "It'll take some getting used to though."

"Humility is a virtue (F/n). I'd be surprised if you were accustomed to my station. Instead, you recognize the value of it." She replied. More praise. Yep, she had feelings alright, else you would not have caught her dead saying that to any other acquaintance save perhaps Enkidu.

"Hmmm. I'm thinking of joining Issei and the others exploring Kyoto. You?" Truthfully, you were already expecting an answer.

"I shall accompany you, though the mongrels must remain distant." She said. If that was not an indication of her changing, then what was? Normally, she would be content to hang around, swirl some wine and explore on her own terms. At least that was how it started.

The pair rendezvoused with Issei, his two playmates, Irina, Saber, Xenovia, Kuroka, Medea and Asia. Iskandar went off on his own. The big man would be the center of attention anywhere he went. It really devolved into two groups as the exploration began. You, Gilgamesh, Kuroka and Medea walked behind the others, musing over the souvenir items offered. Asia and Irina fawned over several fox figures whilst Saber was eyeing any food stands. Unfortunately for her, they were on a budget. Xenovia mused over a kendo stick. Word had come that the Church had asked for Durandal as apparently Xenovia was having issues with controlling it. If it came down to it, the three boys of the Peerage could loan her blades, though you suspected Issei would be the preferred choice with Ascalon.