Chapter 1

I couldn't sleep

I couldn't sleep. I was hungry.

"Mom!" I didn't get an answer back.

I don't think she was home. She never was. My dad left when I was only 1 because of my mom.

She was an addict. She was always out day and night with random guys doing drugs and other stuff.

I was only five when she started leaving. I am now fourteen.

We use to live in a tiny apartment but I got kicked out two days ago. The manager didn't know I was staying alone.

But I now live in my moms old beat up car. She never used it because the guys she was with always picked her up so she didn't need to use her car.

I had some blankets and some clothes.

"Bark" "shush Luna I know your hungry. I will get you food soon." I had a dog name Luna. She was a chocolate lab.

I found her on the streets wandering around. She was still a baby. Maybe about four months.

I took her with me and kept her ever since. I named her luna because of the moon. I really loved staring at the moon.

I had her for about a month now.

My neighbor Beth sometimes would give me dog food and some breakfast.

She's fifty five. She would always watch out for me but she couldn't take me in because she had six grand children to take care of because her daughter Lilly died.

I really adored her. She found out about me staying in my moms car and she brought me some stuff like deodorant, hair brush etc and some stuff for Luna.

I was walking up the apartment complex. I then reached Beth's door. I knocked on her door.

I don't think she was home so I went back to the car.

I wasn't sure what do to. I was really hungry and so was Luna.

Thirty minutes had passed and Luna started barking and she wouldn't stop.

"Okay Luna I will be right back." I started walking towards the gas station.

It was about one mile away. It wasn't a long walk.

After walking for about twenty minutes I reached the gas station.

When I entered I grabbed a basket. I got water, bread, lunchables, fruits, and dog food.

I started walking around the store too see if I needed anything else.

I grabbed some medicine and chips.

I then started checking my surroundings. I hope you can forgive me god.

There was one person working at the cashier and there was another worker on the other side moping.

I then started walking towards the exit.

"Hey you girl stop there!" I turned to look back and the guy started running towards me so I started running.

I then bumped into something. I fell on the floor and so did everything else. I felt embarrassed because I got caught.

I bumped into a guy. "Let me help you up" He offered me his hand and I took it. "Thank you."

"I am going to call the cops just have a seat right here." Said the worker. I just stayed quiet there was no way I was going to get out of this.

He started walking towards the counter to get a phone.

And then the guy I bumped into said "No need to do that. I will pay for her stuff." I was surprised. He seemed nice.

"Okay." Said the worker. The mystery guy picked everything up and placed it on the counter.

"Okay thirty two dollars and eight cents." Said the cashier. It was kind of a lot and I felt bad.

The mystery guy payed and we both walked out together.

"Thank you" I said looking down.

"What is your name?" asked the mystery guy.

"My name is Rose." I told him. "Okay Rose I don't know why you were stealing but don't do it again okay stay out of trouble and here's twenty dollars."

He gave me money. This meant so much to me.

"Thank you." He just smiled at me and walked away.

I started walking back home. I was so happy and Luna was going to be happy too.

——————————————
So what do you guys think ?